2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just removing some bird dirt from my car earlier and noticed there are several speckles of what looks like white paint over my car :confused:............you know the small type you get if you've been using a paint roller or if some industrial spraying has been taking place.

Thing is I cant think where it must have happened and it's dried on hard.

Any tips on getting it off or what to use? tried the edge of a credit card but they didn't shift.......... bit of a buggeration!:(

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
Yep...Clay bar will shift it.
There are two types:
1. Most common is the clay that requires a special lubricant
2. Bilt Hamber Clay bar (2 flavours).. soft and hard ...both require just water as the lubricant!
Then re seal and wax and you will never tell you had paint specks there.
Good luck
Ps..Some before and after pics would be good;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Same thing happened to me when my neighbour had his house painted on a windy day. I used a credit card and a finger nail. I do still see odd specks on a sunny day that I missed at the time.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys, fortunately there aren't too many speckles (makes me wonder if I've driven through a spay cloud or something has splashed up off the road where they've been re-marking recently?).

Decided to give the car a wash this evening and used a little tar remover I had in the garage - it worked on some, an old fashioned finger nail did for more and SRP even took a couple off!!

I'll likely have to get a clay bar (which I've never used before) to get the other little swines off! fortunately there are only about half a dozen on the front end and a couple on the drivers door now! :hmpf:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts