2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've discovered my first stone chip on the bonnet
:scream1:

Anyone have any particular advice for touching it up? It looks to be fairly deep; Down to the base.

As it is only one, and relatively small, I don't think it would be worth the large expense of having it sprayed out, but equally, I hear that the touch up pens that are commonly offered are quite lacklustre in their finish.

I've noticed that Cox Motor parts ( @COXMOTORPARTS ) offers a touch up for the 8th Gen's bronze Genuine Honda Deep Bronze Pearl Touch Up Pencil-YR571P [08702WYR571PHE] - 拢9.52 : Buy Genuine Honda Parts, Honda Car Parts & Honda Spare Parts Online - Which I imagine is the same, and further to that, there seem to be similar offers available on Amazon, https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=automotive&field-keywords=golden+brown

Does anyone have experience with these actual colour matched touch up brush on paints? Are they easy to use, and what sort of outcome did you get?

If anyone has an official honda touch up kit for the 9th Gen Golden Brown, That would also be welcome

Premium Member
I have seen youtube videos where they use tooth picks and allow the paint to run down into the chip. No brush marks that way.

Clean with alcohol first.

Then polish after the paint has hardened after about 4 weeks to flatten.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts