2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a few do this and thought it looked pretty awesome so thought I'd give it a shot. Couldn't decide whether to paint the typer black or white, went with white in the end, think it stands out that bit better, 5 quid radiator paint from wilkos can’t go wrong :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
civinfo sticker

Managed to put my civinfo sticker on today too! also on instagram hash tagged civinfo if anyone is on it, noticed a few on there ;)

Attachments

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Good job, did you remove or paint insitu?
Will ordinary radiator paint withstand the heat ok?

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Good job, did you remove or paint insitu?
Will ordinary radiator paint withstand the heat ok?

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Don't want to sound stupid, but it is rad paint! I know domestic heaters and Type R brakes operate at somewhat different temps but surely heat resistance was designed into the stuff!

Time will tell I suppose, they do look good though.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers guys, its been on nearly 2 week now (covered about 500 mile) and still looks same so think the rad paint should be fine with the heat

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Seen a few do this and thought it looked pretty awesome so thought I'd give it a shot. Couldn't decide whether to paint the typer black or white, went with white in the end, think it stands out that bit better, 5 quid radiator paint from wilkos can’t go wrong :p
Looks great buddy! Did you spray them whilst still on the car or did you remove the calipers first? I am looking to spray mine soon...

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looks great buddy! Did you spray them whilst still on the car or did you remove the calipers first? I am looking to spray mine soon...
Cheers bud! yeah I didn't spray them, painted them by hand with a selection of paint brushes from B&M store, engine bay paint from halfords and radiator paint from wilkos :p cheap but very time consuming, took up most of my weekend doing all 4 calipers as I had to apply 3 coats. (left them on the car)

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Cheers bud! yeah I didn't spray them, painted them by hand with a selection of paint brushes from B&M store, engine bay paint from halfords and radiator paint from wilkos :p cheap but very time consuming, took up most of my weekend doing all 4 calipers as I had to apply 3 coats. (left them on the car)
Thanks for the info mate! It looks great so I will do the same :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Love this! Its one of the things that annoy me about my callipers that they rust....I might attempt it when the weather gets better.

Might go black with Callipers with white "Type" and red "R".

Did it take long to paint with brushes?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts