2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got colour coded Honda mudflaps on their car.

Got a set today and getting them painted tomorrow.

I can't suss out whether to paint the whole mudflap or just the outside. If I do the whole flap the bit that sits inside the wheel arch will get chipped to bits but if I don't do it like that I dunno if it'll look stupid.

Anybody got any pics?

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
I would just do the outside as think that would look better in my opinion, would be like colour coding inside of your wheel arch the other way.

Think you need add 'mud' to the title too! Lol :D

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
+1

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would just do the outside as think that would look better in my opinion, would be like colour coding inside of your wheel arch the other way.

Think you need add 'mud' to the title too! Lol :D

I was thinking that it would look stupid if I painted the whole thing, but I seen a CW on here with them done like that and it looked ok.

Can't beat a painted flap.:D

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Got mine done at a paint shop,they look great on my nhb type r before he did them he asked if i wanted it all doing or just the outside cause the inside thers a chance it could get stonechipped.
When you do get them done they will look like part of the car that came from the factory.

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you've done the insides aswell mate?

Does it look ok against the black splash guard?

Work in a body shop so get them done cheap as chips.

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Do the whole thing, i did on mine and 8 months later there are no chips or flaking of paint. It pays to get them done at a good bodyshop not a mickey mouse one !!:popcorn::D
Got a pic looking at the mud guard from the other side so that you can see how it blends in with the wheel arch? Would help the Dobe decide what looks best (as both pics show outside not inside the arch).

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
So you've done the insides aswell mate?

Does it look ok against the black splash guard?

Work in a body shop so get them done cheap as chips.
work in a body shop that could be of an advantage lol needing some work done MATEY just paid 70 quid for my rear splitter to be painted

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
yes mate sandy wallace in knockintiber

·
The Dugs Baws
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So i went for painting the whole of the flap`s.

Plenty of laquer on the inside of the flap`s to prevent stone chips.

Found out there are 5 different shades of CW, standard,light,dark,yellow and blue shade.(blue shade,i know i raised my eyebrows aswell when my paintcode was punched into the paint system computer:confused:).

Attachments

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Look good

the guy that did my spoiler said that to me before he painted my spoiler the one he has was yellow shade
I guess mine's a yellow shade as well as it looks more beige than white when the sun's at a certain angle.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.