2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys

Is this a 100% repair, would you notice this afterwards?

someone left me with a big dent in my rear 1/4 right where the crease is

been quoted between £50-£90 for the repair job

I don't want to spend the money if it's still noticeable afterwards

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 'ding'.

Do you have any recommendations of the PDR mans work?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I Don't just been googling
Is there different ways of doing? some people seem to drill and some seem to tap the dent out?

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
I think the style of repair depends on the panel and level of damage.

Smaller dents can be tap'd out, more severe are welded/drilled and pulled out.

Maybe post a pic and folks can compare with their experiences.

·
Banned
230 Posts
No I Don't just been googling
Is there different ways of doing? some people seem to drill and some seem to tap the dent out?
No PDR man drills,welds to get a dent out although sometimes its necessary to gain access to push with a rod from behind.Depending on What the car is and the level of damage a dent can also be glue pulled from the outside with no access from behind needed.
There are some really good ones and some crap just like there is in any trade.

Most dents are close to gone if done right but often if you look close enough you may still see it.The object though is to take your eye off it,and it works well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My daughter had a dent pulled via this. He used glue attached to rods and did a superb job. No 're painting needed.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Dents by seams are a pain because the inside of the panel is nearly always impossible to get close to the seams to knock it out because of double welds/panels etc. also the metal would have stretched a bit by the seam so when you try knock it out you are most likely gonna get creasing and potentially make it worse.a pic would help.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
if the guy is happy to start it should be unnoticable afterwards
they usually wont touch a dent if its on a seam or too close for them to remove it
the only time they would drill a hole is if they needed to get in from the back of the pannel
as the name says its paintless repair
so no holes welds or anything in view would be done as that would require a touch up to the paint
most of thease guys are very good at what they do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts