2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a quick look around my car after my trip to centre parcs in cumbria.

Looking at the roof, there seems to be something wrong with my paintwork.

Running my hand over it, there is certainly a bump, and looking at it, you can see the paintwork "steps down" to another layer", also red though!

It could just be some dirt or crap or something, but it aint looking good.

There is a few patches all within a square inch i would say.

What could that be?

I do hope i havent got to go to honda to get them to sort it, i am getting a tad annoyed taking my car back, and i bet they are pissed off with me too :(

Stuart

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cleaned the car now, it certainly isn't dirt or anything else, its something wrong with the paintwork.

I will have to take it to the bodyshop, see what caused it and see if it can be fixed.

·
Greek Subforum Moderator
13,240 Posts
if you watch the video of the road test to the civic in msn auto you will see that one of the disadvantages they find to the car is that the paint work is so poor and they make a comment that it is the worst they have ever seen!!! They test a red car so maybe the red paint isn't so good. Try to find that video and you will find out what i am talking about.

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

That is a picture of some "BLACK" stuff that appears to feel like rust just under the left rear lights.

I am trying to capture the paintwork damage on the roof, but the camera isn't picking it up very well.

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hasn't come out well at all, this is the best pic.

This is the patches of damage on the roof.

At a guess ( and i know nothing about paintwork), i would says it laquer missing.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Can't see anything, but it could the the chemical reaction of bird bombs? If left on long enough it will eat into the clearcoat. Are you getting this problem on the vertical surfaces as well?

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went to the dealer today, and they want it in for a couple of days to sort it out.

They tried removing it by using a couple of fluids, but nothing budged it.

Wonder what would have caused it.

This patch is located on the drivers side of the car, about a foot into the roof, roughtly where the rear door starts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts