2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the car today - it has been neglected since about the start of december :(

After it was washed/dryed I noticed a white haze on the passenger door, almost like a patch of soapy water had dried on it, but it wouldn't wipe off. On closer inspection it appeared to be under the top layer.

Got the autoglym SRP to try and hide it a little which it did... but then looked at the cloth which had become milano red!

I have had the car over a year now with no problem - so could this possibly be something historic or what? :worms: Strange how it has suddenly appeared.

Any idea what might of caused it, or what might put it right? I am guessing it will re appear at next wash

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
A smart repair that's gone frosty maybe? Grab a pic and ill have a better idea. I'm a painter ☺ so here to help ha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Monty - I will try and get one tomorrow in the daylight, half expecting to walk out the house tomorrow morning and see a huge white patch :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Is it possible somebody maliciously poured something that attacks paint on the car? If Milano red shows on the cloth then either you are through the top clear coat or its from a paint repair.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thinking back a few months - I remember looking at that panel and thinking the very top edge looked slightly faded. I'm going to go with the repair theory.

Car was that dirty I would have noticed if somebody poured something [smilie=laff.gif]

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Definitely a previous repair I'd say

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts