2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Got an 08 EX model last week and just starting to figure out how everything works...

I managed to pair my iPhone 3GS with the Honda HFT, even made a call through it. However, I was expecting everything to just work next time I got in the car, but it didn't - just kept saying it couldn't find a phone, even though the iPhone bluetooth was on.

The only way I can reconnect is to go though the phone setup procedure again - surely I don't have to do this every time?

·
Registered
300 Posts
It may be an iphone issue I have heard that on occasions you have to reconnect the iphone. This sometimes happens with my Girlfriends Landrover too, It only affects iphones.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
it was like that the 1st time i connected, just leave the bluetooth switched on the phone, leave the car, lock the car.
go back to the car, switch the ignition to II and wait and see if the phone connects automatically. it should..

then from there on, u will be able to switch bluetooth off as u wished, and it will auto connect once bluetooth is on

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
on my nokia i had the same problem was doing my head in....anyway i found out that once i reconnected the phone and looked at my phone screen it asked me if i wanted to keep the phone paired automatically this worked for me....hope that helps pal.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I use a Nokia never had a problem pairing the phone just did it the once and connects automatically each time I get in the car and the Bluetooth call quality on a Nokia is superior to a iphone

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
did you sort this out mate?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally got round to doing this last night, and managed to make it work

So I did the process from scratch again, and wiped the original connection from the phone memory. Phone paired up fine.

Switched off the car, and noted that the phone displayed that it was no longer connected. Switched the car back on again - it doesn't automatically connect - I found out that I have to press the 'Honda HFT' entry on the iPhone's connections to get it to connect to the car, but that's not a hassle now I know what to do.

Thanks to all for the help!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Glad you got it sorted shame Iphone doesn't connect and disconnect automatically like with my Nokia though as I'm still debtaing whether to get an iphone or not really?

·
Big T
1,554 Posts
glad your sorted out mate.....on my nokia the first time i connected it and disconnected it the phone asked me if i wanted automatic connection from then on. least its working pal.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest the only time I have the bluetooth on is in the car anyway, otherwise it just drains the battery - so it's no great loss

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
i can confirm that it does connect automatically with my iphone 3g.
as i use it many days a week.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe there's something in the iPhone options to make it do that then, as I say, not really a problem for me - just means 2 button presses instead of 1

·
Registered
300 Posts
My Girlfriends iphone (the majority of the time) connects automatically to her Blue tooth on her Landrover Discovery so bit of a mystery really?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts