2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone managed to pair a modern smartphone with the handsfree system on a 2007 civic? There's a video on YouTube that seems to show an iPhone pairing ok but my car won't recognise iPhone 6, 6S or Samsung Galaxy. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I've got my iPhone 6S+ paired to the Honda hands free kit so it is possible. It took me a while to sort as it's not the easiest system to understand but as long as the HFT module is installed and working your iPhone should pair to the car.

Stupid question......are you sure the module is fitted? A lot of people have had problems with them and when it goes faulty it drains the battery. The solution is to disconnect it rather than give Honda £650+ for a new one! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid question......are you sure the module is fitted? A lot of people have had problems with them and when it goes faulty it drains the battery. The solution is to disconnect it rather than give Honda £650+ for a new one! :)
Thanks for your reply. That's a good question...I get the polite voice prompts from the lady. When I say "phone setup" then "pair" she asks for a 4 digit code and tells me to put the phone in discovery mode, but none of my phones connect. Would I still get the voice prompts if the HFK module was missing?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I'm not sure about the voice prompts......the easiest way to tell if the module is there (and connected) is to drop the panel that's directly under the steering wheel. The HFT module is fastened to the underside of the panel so if it's there and wired in we're one step closer to a solution for you :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link, I hadn't found that.

I eventually found the module and took it apart and cleaned it as described but unfortunately it still won't pair. Looks like its knackered. For future reference, there are no voice prompts when the module is removed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts