2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, this is my first post on this forum and just wanted to say how informative and helpful I have found it.

I have just bought my 08 civic ctdi ex with pan roof and leather in ice blue and absolutely love the car but have found a couple of small faults.
The main one being the blind on the front pan roof doesnt open without me giving it a helpful hand and then it will snap back and catch up with the rear one.
Ive read older posts and some say its an all day job for the garage and others say its a 15 minute job and a faulty spring is the culprit.
I tried oiling the slides but this didnt work so i took it to local honda garage and they quoted £502 for 3 and a half hours work replacing the following parts: 70311-smg-e01, 70312-smg-e01, 70317-smg-e01, 70316-smg-e01 and 91561-s3d003 x2

Can anyone help me out with a how to guide to do it myself as i dont really want to pay £120 an hour for the garage or if there is a simpler way to deal with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also just bought an xcarlink to play my iphone and wondered what people reckon about this setup??:eek::(;):facepalm:

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I get the same from time to time but have always just lived with it - will be interested to see what the solution turns out to be.

As for the xcarlink; very popular solution and I'm planning to get one myself!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
On my last civic (08) had this problem and it was done under warranty and was told that it was the lubricant used that reacted with the plastic makeing it stick, think it was a known issue, worth trying a rant at the dealer?......

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I had this last winter but fixed it myself by removing the old lubiacant with wd40 on kitchen towel, the sprayed with silicon spray and it's been fine ever since :)

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Civinfo members never seem to fail

Would be interested to know if this works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
JPP
1,555 Posts
Had mine repaired under warranty, but the fitter left my head lining full of oily finger prints......Cleaned after a good rant in reception...

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
i had mine done under warranty :) and apparently it does take a while to do, iirc they strip a lot of the interior.....but can't confirm this,

while looking to trade my car in last year the dealership asked if my roof blinds worked.....it would seem as though HUK will not cover any warranty work on these now!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.