2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My panaramic room has become faulty over time, just wondered if anyone else had this and if you know how to fix it?

The roof cover the you press the button next to the map reading lights on the middle of front interior roof, closing the cover works fine as normal, but opening the cover to show the roof is fault.
The rear of the car opens but the front sticks and I have to bang it with my hand quite hard to get it it open , and when it does , it flings backwards to catch up to wherever it should have got to on the electric motor.
If it hit it straight away, it only flings open a bit, then carries on using the motor as normal, but if I don't hit it till the rear is nearly fully open, it flings all the way back.

Has anyone else had this?
I've tried using WD40 on the runners but that hasn't helped. I don't know how to access it all, or what may be damaged or need repairing/replacing.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Traditional sunroofs /moonroofs normally have a recalibration option as over time, the timing of the mechanism may need to be "reset". I'd imagine it's the same thing for panoramic roofs. Take the car to a dealer to sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
This is a known issue for the 8G, and Honda's solution is to replace the runners (IIRC).
People have tried various solutions such as silicone grease etc, but some have in fact made it worse!

Mine sticks sometimes, sometimes not... never been able to understand why.

·
Keep low, move fast!
252 Posts
I had the exact problem a couple of months ago. I took it back to Honda as it was still under warranty. They applied some industrial strength grease on the runners, opened and closed it a few times, and touch wood it's still ok. I was advised to open and close it every time I got in the car. My advise to you, if it's still under warranty, take it back and let them fiddle with it. If not, try loads of grease because I was told it's really expensive changing the rollers as it means the liner has to be removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Mine was fixed by Honda for £700, luckily paid for by Evans halshaw, they said something about replacing some plastic clips or something like that

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Luckily mines did it the day I picked the car up from the dealer. It worked fine when I viewed it.

They took it in for two days because they said they had to drop the roof liner and remove the whole mechanism to get to the parts that needed replaced.

Hate to think how much Honda would charge for it - you might want to see if they will do a goodwill gesture.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts