2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K&N , Do-luck, HKS, ITG, OEM...what is best to stick with guys? I have a standard CTR FN2 and opinions seemed divided on panel filters. Some say OEM is best !

Opinions and links welcome!

·
Registered
307 Posts
oem intake and filter are quite good, KN virtually same as oem but never have to change it, hks will improve throttle response a bit but needs changing similar to oem....heard good things about itg filter but its £70 and not many seem to have tried them.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
my bmc is running for 4 years and (after clean) is like new. And i have datalog with oem filter and BMC and this is better.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
bmc is the best... i have HKS super hybrid whic his just as good, if not better than OEM.

Never can tell too much with panel filters tbh!
Been proved the hks isn't better than oem.

K&N is probably same as oem but you should only need one.

Bmc and itg are probably the only ones better than oem

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Mugen use K&N in there intake system..... not saying it any better than stock

I have a K&N panel filter in a stock 'smoothed' box and recently changed back and forth when it went in for a service.

I noticed a slightly deeper intake noise...... thats it.

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I had one in my Fabia Mk1 vRs back in 2005..It was remapped to 168 bhp from 130....(AmD) I fitted an K&N filter and it actually dropped 3 bhp on Awesome GTi's rolling road..The guy there wasnt suprised at all..He said they dont do much...Just make a whooshing/hissing sound
When I had the Civic I fitted another in the vain hope that it would work..It didnt...We live and learn

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Nuno, what gains did you see with the BMC? Assume you have stock engine?
i can't mesure in power because i didn't dyno before and after.
but the gains are better manifold pressure (MAP) - it's better than OEM and MUCH better than pipercross that i also have.
4 years and almost 80.000km with the same filter as new after cleaning.
i used on stock intake and now on the tegiwa.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts