2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a major panic – I have enjoyed two previous cars fitted with a glass roof. So when I went for the civic I had no second thoughts when I found I could order the glass roof on the EX so the order was placed. Then I read an article reviewing the civic which had a glass roof and the driver said his head touched the roof, he said he was 6ft. I am 6ft 2”, 60 “chest, blue eyes, NS, GSH (sorry that’s another forum) so panic crept in as I had never sat in a civic with a glass roof. Anyway panic over I have just returned from the dealers were I sat in a civic which had a glass roof and I had at least 1 ½” headroom to the inner screen. I am very long in the body so the 6 footer from the review must be either be deformed or sitting with the chair at full height on top of the yellow pages. It is always best to check these things out yourself; as I should have before ordering my car, mind you if hindsight was bottled it would be a best seller(and probably cheaper on e-bay).

·
Kids use a lot of space
806 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and have no probs with having a glass roof, it's a little close when the shade is closed; but still fine :)

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers MCH, my current car does not have a glass roof but the two previous did and i have missed it. So the glass roof was a definate factor in me going for the civic, just waiting for its arrival now...................... 63 days .....................11 hours left!!!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Dealer I was at MADE me sit in one with a glass roof. As he knew I had no intention of ordering from them (Company Car) I thought that was nice. Im a 6 footer

Mal

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Once I'd sat in a glass-roof model after test driving both the 1.8 and 2.2 I HAD to have it, makes the cabin so much brighter and more spacious.

Apart from showing people the way it opens/closes I have NEVER had the glass-roof closed since getting my car, no point in losing all that light, and lovely on a sunny day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Fedorov said:
I have NEVER had the glass-roof closed since getting my car, no point in losing all that light, and lovely on a sunny day.
I used to close the shade before I got out of the car but after leaving it opened a few times on sunny days I noticed that the heat wasn't too bad in the car. I thought it would be like an oven. Is the glass roof Thermal Reflective or something?!? ANyway, I leave the shade open all the time now too. Never had a glass roof before but I knew I wanted a sunroof on my new car to let light into the cabin. The glass roof and the dual Zone climate control are the perfect combination.
BTW, I'm 6 foot 1 and no problems here with the head room. If the seats positioned incorrectly (too high or too close to the steering wheel) I can see how the reviewer could have thought it took from the headroom.
I wonder if Jeremy Clarkson has had a go in one yet...that's the ultimate headroom test!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bigian said:
Just had a major panic – I have enjoyed two previous cars fitted with a glass roof. So when I went for the civic I had no second thoughts when I found I could order the glass roof on the EX so the order was placed. Then I read an article reviewing the civic which had a glass roof and the driver said his head touched the roof, he said he was 6ft. I am 6ft 2”, 60 “chest, blue eyes, NS, GSH (sorry that’s another forum) so panic crept in as I had never sat in a civic with a glass roof. Anyway panic over I have just returned from the dealers were I sat in a civic which had a glass roof and I had at least 1 ½” headroom to the inner screen. I am very long in the body so the 6 footer from the review must be either be deformed or sitting with the chair at full height on top of the yellow pages. It is always best to check these things out yourself; as I should have before ordering my car, mind you if hindsight was bottled it would be a best seller(and probably cheaper on e-bay).
I wonder ... could the problem be related to the hair style ??? :lol:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I dont have a problem with touching the glass roof ...then again I am just under 6ft....well 5" to be exact :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts