2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Just checked mine out, thought I still had 3 points, seems I have a clean licence - result

Reactions: Farqui

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,396 Posts
Thanks. Very useful.

I looked at mine. Says I can drive an agricultural tractor. FK3 it is then.:worms:
Haha!!! Or I could go to driving a 1.4 that wouldn't pull your 4skin back :worms:

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
Got your new car yet? Do you like it?
Hi,
Yes, just picked it up. Really impressed. The engine is lovely to use. Lots of economy and loads of oomph when you put your foot down.

And the cabin is very nice. Lots of creature comforts.

I will enjoy owning this, just as I enjoyed the last civic.

Thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,
Yes, just picked it up. Really impressed. The engine is lovely to use. Lots of economy and loads of oomph when you put your foot down.

And the cabin is very nice. Lots of creature comforts.

I will enjoy owning this, just as I enjoyed the last civic.

Thanks for asking.

Have you driven a 2.2? Just want to know how it compares, paper stats never give a good indication.

·
1,168 Posts
Have you driven a 2.2? Just want to know how it compares, paper stats never give a good indication.
Yes, I have driven the 1.4 vtec, the 2.2 ctdi and the type r. And now the 1.6 I-DTEC.

THE ctdi 2.2 was really good as I remember it. I think it gave the oomph pretty much all in one big dollop which was pretty awesome.
My 1.6 I-DTEC is smoother, also gives a big surge of torque, albeit in a possibly less big dollop.

I haven't ever driven the 2.2 I-DTEC though. I bet that is good.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
Just received my license back from the DVLA after change of address got the leaflet explaining the changes and a nice new shiny card license flipped it over to see what by law I can drive and have acquired a class A motorbike license, never ridden a motorbike in my life oh well the old mans ZZR 1400 is going for a spin ;)

·
1,168 Posts
Just received my license back from the DVLA after change of address got the leaflet explaining the changes and a nice new shiny card license flipped it over to see what by law I can drive and have acquired a class A motorbike license, never ridden a motorbike in my life oh well the old mans ZZR 1400 is going for a spin ;)
Nice one!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
a nice new shiny card license flipped it over to see what by law I can drive and have acquired a class A motorbike license
Before you zoom off on your Dad's ZZR 1400, check your license again.
I believe you have the same case that I and many many other people do. Does your license have a third column next to the class A which has a 79(tri) in it?
That code is the important bit, 79(tri) means you are allowed to ride Trikes, but not bikes.

The requirements to ride a Bike is complicated, depending on wether you go direct or progressive, but Trikes are not treated like Bikes, you can ride one, no engine restrictions, if you have a full car license.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts