2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son has got a 2007 EX, but battery keeps dying. Put an ammeter on it and it's drawing 0.3 - 0.5A - pulling the fuse 16 "Back-up" eliminates the problem.
We've already disconnected the HFT module and all the doors lock OK.
We checked on the Honda website and there are no outstanding recalls (so presumably the MICU work has been done - how can we confirm that?)
Is there another likely culprit?

·
Super Moderator
1,120 Posts
Have you checked out the interior lights.
Sometimes the switch may show "off" but the circuit still be live, thus draining battery.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As in the light still being on? - We did check interior lights were turned off (and actually went off) when we did the 10 min wait for the MICU to shut down.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK - fuse 17 is listed as interior light, If I remove that and it stops the current draw, how do I then solve the issue - short circuit across a switch somewhere presumably?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to revive but do you have any update on this? Facing the exact same issue. I have completely removed the interior lights, checked all other fuses, no HFT, no stereo

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had the meter running from the battery and watching for changes to the draw when removing fuses, inside and out. Like OP its just fuse 16 that has the drain. This fuse is apparently for the HFT, interior display and clocks, alarm/immob, central locking + boot release, and the MICU itself. Leaving 16 in and checking all the interior fuses there was no change

The MICU recall was apparently for '08 cars only however all signs point to that being at fault :(
I spoke to one guy on facebook however and he had a similar problem which was fixed by a software update - not something that I can do on the driveway unfortunately

I am hoping that OP managed to get things fixed and can point me in the right direction too ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts