2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went shopping tonight, parked up. Went to the shop came back to find a Nhb type r fn2 parked next to my type r. So is it just me or do we type r owners like parking next to other type r owners lol.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I had this a few times when i owned my type r. Think it might be a honda thing tho. When i finish my nightshifts i always come out to see 2 or 3 CRV's parked next to my accord tourer. They dwarf my accord and i feel its being protected by them from other cars. I dont know the guys that drive them but its a nice site to see them lined up.

·
Enjoying life
8,598 Posts
Maybe. I had a saab estate Park so close to my rear bumper this morning that the saab bumper actually overhung my rear bumper (the bit that sticks out at the bottom). The gap between our cars was about half an inch. :viking:

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
If I see another civic parked up I tend to park next to them haha

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah I parked next to another nighthawk black the other day in B&Q car park. The wife thinks I'm mad lol

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Yeah me too! I have a type S. Parked in the staff locked compound and two officers had parked their type Rs on either side. Funny and slightly upset at the same time haha...

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
I have experienced this twice at Manchester airport. The first I saw a NHB FN2 and so parked next to it. The second time about 18 months later when I got back in the country a red one had parked next to me.

·
Fox Main
66 Posts
I've noticed this at the gym; there is a Type-S EP2 and an EP3 that I find parked next to mine if I'm there first.

I always look out for them, or a DC2 and slam it next to them; safety in numbers! :D

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Presumably this is because people like to park next to cars where the driver is unlikely to open their door into the side of yours. If possible I always try to park next to a car that looks expensive and/or well maintained and will avoid parking next to one that has child seats in it.

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
Presumably this is because people like to park next to cars where the driver is unlikely to open their door into the side of yours. If possible I always try to park next to a car that looks expensive and/or well maintained and will avoid parking next to one that has child seats in it.
I am the exact same, I will drive around a car park and if I cant find another Honda I will park beside the most expensive car I can see :facepalm::rofl: either that or about a mile away from the door :lol:

·
Registered
63 Posts
This thread brought a smile to my face.....I usually park beside other civics if I see them. I'm also happy to let another Honda out at a junction if I see one:D

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
This thread brought a smile to my face.....I usually park beside other civics if I see them. I'm also happy to let another Honda out at a junction if I see one:D
I posted a meme about this on the facebook page the other day... you aren't the only one! :lol:

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I do the exact same or park miles away to and always reverse into parking spaces too, I also tend to park where it's not possible for a car to park next to me as in where the kerb or wall is on the passenger / drivers side.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts