2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this is a ridiculous question but everything ive seen says that the EX model comes with parking sensors but i do not seem to have them on my 07 2.2cdti EX am i missing something?

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I dont have them either on my 07 2.2 EX i understand this would have been an optional extra when new. Perhaps the later EX's came as standard, you can always have then fitted @ Honda for around £400 colour coded to you vehicle :(

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
Rear parking sensors were added as standard on the MY09 Civic EX models.

You can get after market - colour coded ones for a lot less than what Honda charge

Reactions: pingu_174

·
Registered
187 Posts
Rear parking sensors were added as standard on the MY09 Civic EX models.

You can get after market - colour coded ones for a lot less than what Honda charge
MY09 or MY08? Splitting hairs a little, but thought it was 08 (And mine have them and is an 08, I don't know if it was picked as an option because it was bought used :p)

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
my09 or my08? Splitting hairs a little, but thought it was 08 (and mine have them and is an 08, i don't know if it was picked as an option because it was bought used :p)
my08...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
I had then fitted to my previous 07 EX.

I was not told I would be getting third party ones instead of the proper Honda ones.

Also the muppets fitted the beeper behind the dash somewhere. By the racket it made I reckon it was supposed to be fitted at the rear of the car somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I have "Honda-alike" sensors - identical in form and function, except that they are not colour coded ...

Cost well less than £150 (fitted) in 2008, obviously not by Honda ! ...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,255 Posts
The ones fitted on the MY09+ at the factory are superb as you get a graphical representation in the central info area about which sensor is causing the beeping.

Whether it's of use to anyone looking backwards though is debatable :)

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
I have them in my May 2007 2.2 EX, i thought it was part of the EX as Standard along Panoramic Roof, Heated Leather Seats

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I have them in my May 2007 2.2 EX, i thought it was part of the EX as Standard along Panoramic Roof, Heated Leather Seats
+1 on my 2008 model. Definitely they were standard before the facelift, when the positioning of the sensors was tweaked slightly.

You can get decent retrofits for around £199, such as X Vision. Xvision

I recently had them fitted on the C-Max for £230 including colour coding. The little box that emits the 'beep' has a H, M , L switch to adjust the volume. They seem just as good as the Honda's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts