2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone Fit Parking Sensors At The Front Of The Civic 5d ???

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
if you do the beeping will drive you mad when you stuck in traffic. and no i havent got them fitted, know some one who had them on another car, and he told me about it.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Can you get them or are you proposing trying to fit the rear ones on the front.

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you do the beeping will drive you mad when you stuck in traffic. and no i havent got them fitted, know some one who had them on another car, and he told me about it.
I had them on a BMW and the way they worked was they came on when you put the car in reverse (or you could switch them on manually) and then stayed on until you manually switched them off or the car reached 10mph. They were incredibly useful and I wish Honda would offer them as an option on the Civic

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Why would you need front sensors on the civic? The bonnet is quite small and if I can park without them anyone can!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
You done anything with this gremlin? Or does anyone else have them fitted?

I'm sure a while ago I found some parking sensors that were fitted as a strip behind the bumper so they were totally invisible from the outside? I dont really want to have to take a drill to the bumper of my car and fit ominous looking circles on it but I would quite like a warning if I was about to hit anything.

As for the bonnet being very small - it is indeed so small that no matter where you put your head you cant possibly see it. Having no idea where it is actually makes it more difficult to park in my view because although i can sit there thinking 'hmm, I have a very small bonnet, chances are I've got loads of room between me and that car' thoughts like that can all too readily turn into 'oh bugger, there was a lot less room there than I thought.' and really ruin your day/bank balance. I've just about got used to parking using the rearview camera and enormous wingmirrors but when I'm paying so much attention to trying not to curb my lovely alloys and also glancing at the camera so as to avoid hitting the car behind, I'd really appreciate a cursory beep-beep telling me I've one less thing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
I have fitted front and rear sensors, they are great.
And the display is blue and white it looks exactly like the OEM colors of the main tachometer :)
For the front you have a switch (optional install).
You can install this:
- with switch
- on brakes (active for about 10-30 sec)
- on brakes with switch

This are made by Longhorn

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hmm. Does look quite cool but I guess it wasnt cheap and I've been trying to avoid adding any more screens onto the car (I've got the EX anyway and I figured 3 was enough! - I'm still working up the courage to hack the sat nav and fit a dvd player..)

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
The price was about 120 Euros without install and I've put this above the inside mirror, I'll get some pictures this days.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I am interested in this system i- CDi.
Seems so simple to do too. Can't imagine my dealer taking the bumper off without paint damage.
A daft question now, ----- When connected up to the reversing lights in the boot and the beeper box installed in the boot also, would that mean no running wires under the carpets to the dash. I've had a bad day see.:confused:
P.S. Any comments from the boffins on here, would be much appreciated too.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
I never thaught about this

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
Nor had I for the front ones, but c-di's system for the rear will suit me.
Had a Volvo 480 turbo, which had more polystyrene stuff behind the bumpers than all the T.V. packaging put together.
Surprised the Civic has none.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
only if you are to close to the car in front ( have them on the CRV and no
issues such as that)

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Meanwhile, has anyone tried the inside-bumper-antenna system yet? Any comments? Since it's less destructive to my shiny freshly polished streamlined Swindon-design rear bumper, I'm happy to pay the extra cost for such a system. But I've heard and read that this radiowave based system is not as reliable as the ultrasonic system.
I also wonder why car manufacturers still abuse front and rear bumpers and put in ugly wart-like sensors, when there is an invisable alternative? So from that point of view I suspect it's not that good... But I don't want to jump to conclusions, though.
Anyone?

K.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
C-di's link, states them as being operated by a magnetic field.
I shall be having a go. For the sake of £74, cant do any damage can I.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts