2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, bit of an odd one this - when I bought my car some a couple of months ago it had this small round thing that looks like a speaker/mic in the top right corner of the windscreen. Having read about the poor mic performance I assumed that the previous owner had an external mic fitted.

Fast forward to yesterday when I was looking at my download directory on my PC and found a pdf for the parking sensors. Had a quick look at recognized the buzzer/speaker as my "external mic" :confused: Why it was put there I have no idea! Perhaps the previous owner was hard of hearing?!

I'd like to put it in the correct place but the instructions seem a little vague and I can't work out where it goes. Somewhere in the boot by the looks of things. Am I going to have to dismantle everything to do this?

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
anywhere discreet in the back, mine was under the parcel shelf, out if sight but plenty loud

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You're going to have to remove the wiring from under a fair amount of trim to move it to the boot... easier to just leave it where it is if it's not causing you an issue!

However my aftermarket one is installed behind one of the boot trim panels and it's plenty loud enough.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think I might just drop it down to somewhere under the dash in that case. Where it is it's pretty loud plus doesn't stick to the windscreen very well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Depends where the wiring goes, but if it's down the A-pillar then you can probably get it behind the dash panel on the far right (the one that the door covers) pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts