2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that when it rains my parking sensor randomly beeps at me showing the red alert and wont stop until I switch off the parking aid. This happens when I'm driving and so I have no confidence in it when I park. Is there a fault or should I be cleaning something?

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
Yep, Take it back. My dealer has changed several front grilles, including mine, for exactly that problem. You should get no hassle about it.

If you want some light reading (which you could have found with a search0:) ), HERE'S 270 posts about them.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Mine gets that EVERY TIME it rains ... including this morning.

It's going in for a service tomorrow - might mention it ..... !!

Don't have time to fath around with dealerships generally - too busy with work, then family ... or is it the other way around? !!

Al.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
It's going in for a service tomorrow - might mention it ..... !!
Don't just 'mention it' . 'Complain strongly' as that's what the fix bulletin says.
Of course what you should have done (hindsight is wonderful) was to have complained strongly a while ago so that they could have fixed it at the service.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Just had my 'service plan' service, which actually cost me ..... NOTHING!!

Didn't expect that - finally some GOOD NEWS.

When submitting I was asked if there was anything to look at ... and I mentioned the ridiculous parking sensors I invariably have to switch off each time it rains ....

We'll check that out for you, they said - for which I thought 'yeah, right!'

When getting my keys back I was told, The complaint's gone to Honda, I'll give you a ring on Monday!!

Didn't expect that - great news - never know!

Surely the whole idea of parking sensors is to assist, particularly when visibility's limited, which it is when all windows are covered by rain!

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Those who know me know when I mention something, I 'justify with feeling and intent'!!

YES, it was a strong complaint.
The lady behind Service Reception said, as mentioned on this Forum, it's something which is known and accepted by Honda, but which needs to be registered, which mine has.

'If they accept, which they normally do, they'll get a replacement in for you, and we'll arrange to fit it within Warranty'.

Bottom line is, they were receptive, said they would contact Honda, and would get back to me.
There was not 'NO, NOT APPLICABLE', so I take it as a positive.

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Well, Wednesday has come and gone, as far as 'working days' are concerned, particularly for dealerships - no response!

I shall give them a call tomorrow - let's see if they're as cooperative as they appeared when in person!!

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Well, through my relative lack of activity on this thread you may gather that the feedback has been .... non-existent!!

As is typical of my work, was planned, and they were informed, I have 'travelled' again - actually 3 weeks in RSA - flying out the day we lost the World Cup, of all things - great stuff!!

From my previous recent additions, I was due to get a call to establish whether or not Honda had accepted responsibility and would replace the front bumper, and then 'we' would order the part and make a plan.

NO CALLS!

I've recently had a missed call from Holdcroft Honda - Warrington, and fortunately a voice-mail message had been left stating 'Could I call back, the front bumper replacement has been ordered and should be within 5 days'.
Great news, but a slight lack of a couple of stages in the communication!

I had told them I would be out of the country for 3 weeks.
Communication issues aside, IT DOES appear that Honda have accepted the complaint and WILL replace the bumper - great news!

It will be a very welcome change, even if it's only for 75% of the times it's bleating currently.

Al.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Well, finally had a call from Holdcroft, Honda - message I'd left had not been communicated - never mind.

Front bumper has been ordered, and will be replaced under Warranty - nice!!

Al.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
All well and good, except it is NOT the front bumper that is replaced. It is the front grille. The new grille is just clipped onto your old bumper as a replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
Understood.

She might have said grille - but the impression is the area which creates the faulty readings will be replaced.

I'll see in a few weeks' time.

Al.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts