2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you guys have parking sensors fitted to your civics? My previous Bora had them, as did my previous Civic but haven't found them overly necessary yet and am wondering whether I am better safe than sorry and having them fitted?

Regards

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Rears professionally fitted,
£150 peace of mind, audible and visual reminders

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
You can get a after market set on ebay and get them fitted.

Depending on your civics year.

You can get a little message that shows up on the onboard computer about where an object is when backing up.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got a 2008 ES but am wondering whether I should be paying for genuine or getting some aftermarket ones!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I installed eBay ones in my old Astra, workdd for about 6 months, then nothing. And the buzzer was deafening! Also, the slightest bit of dirt on them and they didn't work.

My advise is to get proper aftermarket/Honda ones.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
I bought some, worked for 6 months and then for 2 years constantly told me I was going to crash when in reverse.

Wish I never bothered!

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,168 Posts
I have reversing sensors fitted to my Civic, and they have saved me several times when reversing close to small walls or bollards. Trouble is, the next car will have to have them because they are a must-have, I think.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
I used dolphin ones from eBay. About £55 iirc. Fitted a few sets of them and no problems whatsoever even a year later. They are powered from your reverse light. Bit fiddly as the reverse light is in the boot lid but worth the hassle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts