2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone who has the parking sensors fitted tell me if they are worth it. Never driven a car with them so not sure how good they are. I am often going to have a lot of kit in the car which will probably completely block the rear window.

Thanks

·
Banned
477 Posts
I had them installed after not seeing a junk barrel behind and lightly touching it. They are handy, I advise..
My dealer did not advise the frontal ones as he said that they might be fooled by intense accumulation of dirt at the front (our city streets get muddy in the rain).

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Go for 'em kid.

The funny thing that I had was on first deployment I backed up (it was dry!) to a wall.

Bleep, bleep, bleep, went my sensors.

Real happy then.

Then I found out that I was so close to the wall I couldn't open the tail-gate!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Life's a great learning curve - wouldn't be without them now!

"Salmon Day (nown): The experience of spending an entire day swimming up-stream only to get screwed and die!"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Candle if you are getting the EX IMHO you would be better with the camera!

Edit: Not that there is anything wrong with the sensors it's just the EX has the screen! Why waste it ;-)

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Parking sensors weren't a option when I ordered- The dealer tried (half-heartedly) to sell me the camera- Never having had either, I replied that I was still more-or-less able to gauge my reversing, even if it meant gently bumping into things once, twice or three times until I got used to the car...

I still feel that, while they may make things a little easier, one can get used to the car's length, and be able to do without. I stand to be corrected, though!

Maxbert

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Parking sensors weren't a option when I ordered- The dealer tried (half-heartedly) to sell me the camera- Never having had either, I replied that I was still more-or-less able to gauge my reversing, even if it meant gently bumping into things once, twice or three times until I got used to the car...

I still feel that, while they may make things a little easier, one can get used to the car's length, and be able to do without. I stand to be corrected, though!

Maxbert
I agree!! I am sure I could park without aids. But it's just SO COOL :D

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I have neither thought i would consider the camera for the cool factor but i don't have any real problems with reversing, no bumps yet! If you think they would help you go for it, theres no doubt they are helpful, but i disagree with all the comments made about the rear visability i can see no less than i can in any of my previous cars, just go easy and get used to it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Parking Sensors....... Er Yes get them!

I have parking sensors, although still turn round to look and reverse the car but would recommend gettting them as they do help, you can even turn up the sensor which is located on the back parcel shelf.... RECOMMENED!:p

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I have neither thought i would consider the camera for the cool factor but i don't have any real problems with reversing, no bumps yet! If you think they would help you go for it, theres no doubt they are helpful, but i disagree with all the comments made about the rear visability i can see no less than i can in any of my previous cars, just go easy and get used to it!
I had a Laguna Estate (The Old Type) it was like parking a battle ship. I you can park one of them you can park anythng :D

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
Definite thumbs up[smilie=coolup.gif] . I use the mirrors for reversing into my garage and know when the rapid beeps start I'm at the right distance to allow the boot to be opened and the garage door to close.[smilie=gt-happyup.: .

Parking into a tight gap is helped as you can get really close to the car behind and when the continuous beep sounds you stop before bumping.

Wish they were linked to the front as well.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi can anyone who has the parking sensors fitted tell me if they are worth it. Never driven a car with them so not sure how good they are. I am often going to have a lot of kit in the car which will probably completely block the rear window.

Thanks

Hm.....[smilie=smack.gif] [smilie=nod.gif] [smilie=happyspin.g:

[URL]http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1550[/URL]

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did not have them as a standard and I am not going to have them fitted. The reason is that my previous car had almost the same dimensions and a bad rear view that is why I can say I have a "good feeling " of my car. Every time before I park a car I have a look at the spot where I am going to drive in to see if there are any obstacles. Very often I park my Civic reverse as I find it much easier than forward direction and I always rely on my huge side mirrors than a rearview mirror. No problems so far.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
My Sister in law had sensors on her BMW 318 and reversed under a huge truck because she didn't look :oops:

Lucky just smashed the rear window

She looks now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rear parking sensors on the Civic are essential as the rear view is terrible. Honda should never have sold the car without them as standard on this calibre of car. Did they drive it before making it??
Get the dealer to discount them heavily!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts