·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have parking sensors?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
When I bought my Civic the showroom had an advert for sensors on the front.

I reckon they could have been ok but the salesman told me, on the QT, that they were not that good.

Any one tried front sensors then???

The rear ones seem to be fine but I havn't really trusted them too much yet - better safe than sorry eh?

·
Registered
975 Posts
i love my sensors but they didt stop me hitting a bollard

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
They work a treat on mine - got them thrown in for nowt cos of the trouble I had with my last civic. .

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
The parking sensors work fine. Wouldn't be without them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i havent got them as i dont feel that i need them, i have no problems reversing in my civ.

·
Enthusiastic Supporter
627 Posts
I have front and rears fitted on my SEAT Alhambra - but still end up driving into things, usually when reversing and some muppet drives in behind me. Maybe I should start being more observant!!!!!!

Seriuosly I find the fronts useful and would do so on the Civic (rears fitted myself) - however, its all a matter of practice and awareness, something I obviously lack. :oops:

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Miggins,

I note you've got a rear lip spoiler. Can you tell me if this makes the view out of the Civ even worse (although I think in original trim it's not as bad as people say)?

No one could tell me at the dealership when I ordered 6 months ago, so I have all the spoilers except for the rear lip one.

Apologies, as this is a bit off topic, but I thought it was opportune to ask!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Jayt43,

I've got the rear lip on mine, and the visibility is NO different to not having it. If you've got all the other spoilers, then an extra £225 (I think) for the rear lip is definately worth it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How?

PTR could you include reversing camera in your poll :?:
Yes I would do it, but I don't know how I colud edit..
Could anybody help me, please? :oops:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Yes I would do it, but I don't know how I colud edit..
Could anybody help me, please? :oops:
only basegreen or Pottsy once you've posted the poll in the first place :)

but I'm sure they'll be happy to sort it out for you :D
cos they're good like that :D

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My wife wouldn't let me buy the car unless I specified either sensors or the camera. She was worried about reverse parking the thing with rear visibility as it is.

It's funny, because we both now agree that rear visibility doesn't bother us at all. Also, at night, the spoiler blocks out blinding headlights.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My wife wouldn't let me buy the car unless I specified either sensors or the camera. She was worried about reverse parking the thing with rear visibility as it is.

It's funny, because we both now agree that rear visibility doesn't bother us at all. Also, at night, the spoiler blocks out blinding headlights.
I find that, its so good:), But if you adjust yourself,and see the light, it look's like they just flashed you lol.
:cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts