2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've just purchased a 59 plate Civic 1.8i-VTEC ES and am looking at getting parking sensors fitted. Unsure of whether to get front & rear, or just rear (wife isn't the most confident at parking!) but any advice as to which sensors are the best would be much appreciated.

Also, any experience as to quality and whether front would be worthwhile also valued.

Really don't want to spend the £400+ for dealership fitted ones, but happy to spend for decent alternatives.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
The Red Devil
482 Posts
I would certainly recommend rear sensors - the 8th gen is a pain to park! I've never struggled with reversing until buying my current car as a view out the rear in our 8th gens is somewhat poor. I'm probably not the best person to comment which to recommend as I had my local dealer fit rears for about £200 as far is I can remember. You might shop around and find a cheaper alternative (or even brave doing it yourself - there are a few how to's on here where people have done it). The main thing is make sure you get them colour coded otherwise it just looks a bit daft.

As for fronts - that's entirely up to you. I personally don't need them, but a person who might struggle a bit with poor depth perception or spatial awareness they could help.

Cheers,

Stuart

·
Registered
94 Posts
when we bought my mums civic we paid 299 for front and rear sensors fitted.

the rears get used more than the fronts (obviously) but its handy to have the fronts as the front is pretty hard to judge the front end

1 - 3 of 3 Posts