2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Honda fitted parking sensors rear facing only or are they the ones which do both front and rear ?

Just wondering about getting some fitted but if they are rear only I might as well go with the camera

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Rear parking sensors work really well, and are better value than the camera IMO. I do admit that the camera has a certain amount of gedgety coolness about it, and that it will impress many passengers.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Has anyone tried this parking sensor?

Parking Sensors .co.uk - Parking Distance Sensors to Aid Reversing and Parallel Parking

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks good, but I wonder whether it picks up non-conductive objects (cars qualify, and humans just, but I'm not sure about walls etc.). The advert appears to suggest that it does. It also suggests that it picks up small items and even high kerbs. This may be a problem: if a sensor detects too much you don't know what it is squealing at.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Parking sensor as per above

Straight off Ebay £20 inc postage.
Work a treat and colour match as you can see

;)

Edit

literally 10 minute job to get rear bumper off and Honda kindly have the marking points for the 4 sensors.
Straight through with supplied hole cutter and bingo.
Ground and 12v reversing feed are perfectly placed next to where the module goes.
4 x miniplugs for the sensors and 1 x miniplug for the beeper

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have to admit that I was a bit nervous about doing my sensors but they work a treat and it wasn't that difficult at all! Took me ages to do it but that was me really taking my time and working out how everything was to be removed. If I had to do it again I bet I could do it in a couple of hours!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can anyone tell me this - if I were going to fit aftermarket sensors, is there a reason why I couldn't just stick the sensors to the inside of the back bumper rather than drilling holes in it to mount them?

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
They would beep like hell all the time if there inside the bumper , They have to be surface monted.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ok, so I was kinda hoping that since the units have covers over themselves, if they were mounted tight to the inside of the bumper they might work through it. Kinda like focussing a camera through the wire fence at a zoo if you see what I mean!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nope, i'm afraid not. The job really is pretty easy though. If you can get the bumper off to mount the sensors anyway (which is the hardest bit in my opinion) you may aswell drill the holes!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mmm. I aint drillin no holes in my bumper though!! I'll just try and be careful where I park.

In a few years I guess they'll be moulding the sensors directly into the bumpers when it's being made.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Can anyone tell me this - if I were going to fit aftermarket sensors, is there a reason why I couldn't just stick the sensors to the inside of the back bumper rather than drilling holes in it to mount them?
Have a look at this web site you can fix the sensor at the back of the bumper so no need to drill any holes.
There is a video on the site showing you how to fit the parking sensor.
http://www.parkingsensors.co.uk/taurus.asp

1 - 20 of 34 Posts