2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all.

I took the plunge and added some rear parking sensors. The guides here were extremely helpful. The biggest problem I had was that once the car was up on the ramp nothing was as expected. I had thought that I would be able to just stick it on the ramp, find the markers on the inside of the bumper and then drill them. As soon as it was up on the ramp I found out that the inside of the bumper was totally inaccessible. I tried to take the rear bumper off, however the screw was stripped. Finally gave up, marked where the sensors would go (I hoped) on the outside of the bumper and drilled. After that all was fine.

They do make a big difference due to the limited rear visibility.

The car is in dire need of a wash!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am embarrassed to say that I bought 2 kits 2 years ago from ebay. I bought 2 as I thought one would pack in after I installed it on my old focus. After I sold the focus and bought the civic I thought I could put it to good use. The paint and lacquer were £16 and the sensors £8. I positioned everything inside the rear wing under the flap which has the tyre weld and compressor in it. In case the sensors or unit pack in - they are easily accessible again.

I'm a bit of a cheap skate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts