2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking forward to getting my honda civic (silver)this weekend (second hand) but there is one minor thing i cant understand , why the parking sensors are black , i have seen other silver civics with silver parking sensors , is there any way i can get my parking sensors silver and would they come under the warrenty, here is a picture so you can have a look yourself

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
They should be silver if they are genuine Honda sensors. It looks as though they are 3rd party. The only thing you can do it paint them manually with some touch-up paint or something. I would't fancy trying that, though. I'm also sot sure if painting over the sensor could intefere in any way....

·
Premium Member
69 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
There are marks on the inside of the bumper to locate the sensors, not sure if it is a bumper off job or whether you can access it from the boot.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I guess that they were fitted on by the previous owner. They are not factory fitted. I bought mine from Ebay and the seller was selling them in different colours. I got them in silver. They look good.

Maybe yours can be removed and painted.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for all your responses i contacted the owner to which i,m buying it from and he said they were fitted by honda and thought that black looked better i hope i can get them redone for silver if not then its not the end of the world

·
Registered
975 Posts
a little odd that sounds

1 - 9 of 9 Posts