2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Morning all, for all those that have had a new grill and it has resolved this issue....nice one ....mine didn't! and apparently I am the first!!!

lucky for me that the dealer could see the problem the day I took it in, this time instead of "going off" in the rain its now all the time, to the extent that I've turned off the parking sensors and explained to the dealer that they have one more chance to get this fixed or the car is being rejected. That was 3 weeks ago!! and since then the defaltion warning light has gone nuts and the stop/start function no longer works either?!?!?!?!?

Fair to say that and the numerous rattles, farts n squeaks this will be my last Honda.

Just pathetic

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine was in dealer today for a niggle inspection. They are ordering a new front grille for the parking sensors and new modified brake pads for the squeal. They are calling me tomorrow about the aircon whistle, Honda Ireland don't seem familiar with that issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had mine in today to order a new grill. The service guy was trying to tell me it's not a different material but the holes are too small for the sensors which stops them from functioning properly. If that was the case why not just ream them out by whatever microns it needs to be instead of manufacturing a new grill. They make it up as they go.😄

·
Registered
39 Posts
it is the material according to my service manager, as I am still waiting another fix since having a new grill. so that's 17 months on the road and parking sensors still working right:frown2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Car went in today for the new grill and cvt fluid change they forgot do do on the second service. The service guy told me they were redrilling the holes for the sensors in the original grill before the bullitin came out and they were charging Honda for that and now they charge double and Honda provide the replacement grill. Waite with abated breath for the rain this weekend to see if it has made any difference.:serious:

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
After all the rain over the last few days, I'm considering getting mine sorted rather than waiting for the 6500 mile oil change to get it sorted!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Does anyone have either a copy of the Honda service bulletin for this or the number? My dealer says they nothing about it. (And they said the same for the Air Con whistle until I gave them a copy of that bulletin). Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
3,325 Posts
It's here somewhere, but to save a lot of looking, try a phone call to Honda CS. Ask them for the number and also tell them that your dealer 'knows nothing about it'.
Your dealers don't seem to be very good. If they haven't heard of it, they should look it up on their 'system'.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
What I don't understand is why people are having issues with the fitting of the front fog lamps when the grille is replaced.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Sounds like the dealer has made a hash of it, and probably been smoking it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
I seem to have had every single other issue highlighted by others with the 10G Civic, but this one seems to have passed me by.

I note from the bulletin it only references the black plastic grilles and not chrome ones (I have the Prestige)?

Any chrome grille owners having the problem?

221 - 240 of 276 Posts