2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 279 of 279 Posts

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
My dealer told me this morning that only a small percentage of cars have the beeper problem. So they are only fitting the 'new' grille to those cars that have whingeing owners/forum/images/Civinfo_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png. (Like me)
Tbh, I thought it was normal until I came across these forums as my 16 plate Auris did the same!

·
4,242 Posts
Yep, that's what it sounds like as any of us who have had it well know and don't really need reminding. :grin2:

And for goodness sake hold your phone sideways when you are taking videos. There is a really good reason that cinemas, TVs, Computers and even youtube use landscape mode video. It looks better and portrait looks silly.>:) Phones should stop people taking portrait video.
Think I’ll have to contact Honda soon also.
Don't just think about it, bore your dealer with the video and 'complain strongly'.0:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep, that's what it sounds like as any of us who have had it well know and don't really need reminding. :grin2:
And for goodness sake hold your phone sideways when you are taking videos. There is a really good reason that cinemas, TVs, Computers and even youtube use landscape mode video. It looks better and portrait looks silly.>:) Phones should stop people taking portrait video. Don't just think about it, bore your dealer with the video and 'complain strongly'.0:)

Soz Boss .....

·
4,242 Posts
No, it's a fairly low volume moaning whistly kind of sound. But once you have heard it, you can't unhear it. It is loudest in the passenger footwell close to the centre console.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Front bumper out work. Sensor or air con whistle. When everything is put back do the chrome bits over the headlights, or black shiny in case of non 4 door or prestige, flex a few mm up and down when pulled/pressed gently. I don't remember them flexing before. Can anyone confirm please (fixed or new)?

It doesn't seem like they missed a clip, just feels loose. Unless they were already like that from the beginning and I didn't bother to check?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I've had my 17 1.5 sport 2 weeks and this has been an issue since day one, took it back to dealers and 2 days later honda durham have changed the grill, hopefully this sorts it out.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Car been in this week for "A" service and niggles picked up over 10 months ownership. A/C whistle, stop/start, P/Sensors and a couple of other things.

My rear sensor has also been an issue, which TBH is more of a nuisance than the front.
Told by Honda dealership, " you can turn them off you know"..............

Rear sensors replaced (apparently) and all seems good so far.
Front need to wait for stock from Honda UK, so more messing about, work, dealership etc. Not happy about that. If known issue dealers should have stock to satisfy demand. TBH, should be a recall IMO.

Know not the thread, but would like opinions on my "A" service.
Car nearly 10 months old from new with 9K miles. Showing A service required.
The dealership have apparently carried out AB service, which wouldn't have been due to mid Jan or 12.5 K.
Apparently to help me and save me having to return in Jan, even though i've got to return for replacement grill as per above. Is this normal, acceptable? Now due next service 12 months from yesterday or 12.5 k

Book marked as 12 month service and also intermediate service A.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
The service indicator is governed by the oil condition.

Also, the grill isn't a safety issue so doesn't warrant a recall. It's an annoyance but that's all.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just had my grille changed over today on my 19 plate civic. Took them around 45 mins. Not sure if bumper is sitting as nice as it was before now though and there’s a tiny bit paint missing on the corner where it clips in near side repeater.

At least sensors seem to be working better in the rain.

Jonny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Am I the only person, who's had this fault just "go away" of its own accord? Initially, the slightest drizzle was enough to trigger it - but since moving to North Devon and enduring four months of more or less continuous heavy rain - not a peep!

I'm pretty sure the Parking Sensors are still working under normal (i.e. parking!) conditions!

·
4,242 Posts
Pretty sure???? Drive towards a parked car/wall. that will tell you for sure whether they are working. If there is a beeping sound before the bang, they are working. But if there is a bang and a sudden stop, they aren't. :ROFLMAO:

261 - 279 of 279 Posts