2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

141 - 160 of 276 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
I found this facetwit group to be useful and informative. Something that was a niggle on my 10G turns out to be a warrantable claim, so will get onto my Honda dealer to sort it out

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Also note page 1 on the bulletin; Special Permission (SP) warranty claims back up by strong customer complaint until further notice. Does this mean if they say not heard about this before have you tried washing the sensors and you go away it does not matter to Honda UK even though they know they are faulty?

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
To which particular niggle do you refer?
My niggle is with the seal on the rear 1/4 which sticks out at the top... when I go to the garage, I will back this up with a photo..

It's a pain, esp when drying the car and I now find myself drying in one direction so not to pull it out.. I have tried to push it back in, but to no avail.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This drives me nuts on mine when it rains. Should I just call up and quote the bulletin number?

Is there a bulletin for the automatic wipers?

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
It's official !!

Official reply from Honda UK for the Type R parking sensors

"Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your parking sensors. I am pleased to confirm that there are not any known problems with the parking sensors on the FK8 model. There is an investigation underway for Civic 1.0 and 1.5 but the Honda Type R is not affected by these symptoms.

If you believe there may be a fault with the operation of the sensors, we advise that this is investigated by a Honda dealership."

Strange how the official Honda Service Bulletin mentions “NOTE: Type R front Grille is currently under development” but you claim there are not any known problems with the parking sensors on the FK8 Model.

·
Super Moderator
3,323 Posts
Strange indeed. Why would they have a new grille 'under development' if there is nothing wrong with the original? Especially as the note is in bold to really bring your attention to it.
I suspect there is a bit of a right/left hand disconnect going on here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, newbie to Civic ownership and to the forum. Seems a very friendly and informative place.

Purchased my 2018 Sonic Grey Civic 1.5t Sport about three weeks ago to replace my stolen Golf 7 gti, and overall am delighted with the car. It's nippy, with lovely steering and gearshift and is quite incredible on fuel... Anyway, straight away was having these issues with the front parking sensors. Took into my local dealership earlier this week explaining the symptoms. They checked it over and told me there was a replacement grille which may fix the problem. The next day the grille was in stock and then the following day fitted. Gold star so far for Honda Stockport. Two days on and all is still quiet on the bleeper front so fingers crossed!

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
Strange indeed. Why would they have a new grille 'under development' if there is nothing wrong with the original? Especially as the note is in bold to really bring your attention to it.
I suspect there is a bit of a right/left hand disconnect going on here.

Because I have a raised a complaint the vehicle was supplied faulty under the consumer goods act 2015, it is easy to deny there is an issue if you cant fix it ;) problem for Honda UK and Honda Finance I have proved with the service bulletin there is an issue and Honda are aware of this.

141 - 160 of 276 Posts