2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am considering getting some parking sensors fitted to my 1.8 Sport. Mainly for peace of mind more than anything else.

I have been looking around the internet and have found the following company. Fitted Parking Sensors. I am looking at the basic "beep & park kit 1".

Can anyone tell me please.....

Have you used them / heard anything about them?
Are the brand they use (Valeo) any good?
Is it a reasonable price for supply and fitting?

I know there are people who will say it's easy enough to do it yourself but I really would rather someone else do it for me. I'm just not practical enough to trust myself to do it well.

Thanks in advance,

Say Cheese.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi all,

I am considering getting some parking sensors fitted to my 1.8 Sport. Mainly for peace of mind more than anything else.

I have been looking around the internet and have found the following company. Fitted Parking Sensors. I am looking at the basic "beep & park kit 1".

Can anyone tell me please.....

Have you used them / heard anything about them?
Are the brand they use (Valeo) any good?
Is it a reasonable price for supply and fitting?

I know there are people who will say it's easy enough to do it yourself but I really would rather someone else do it for me. I'm just not practical enough to trust myself to do it well.

Thanks in advance,

Say Cheese.
Hi,

i purchased this 6 Rear Parking Reversing Sensors LED 2 Front 4 Rear on eBay (end time 24-Mar-10 20:06:52 GMT) only £25.00 and fitted it myself. However you can get dealer to fit for you (its hard work installing it yourself) they will just charge you labour. Or get any autoelectrition to fit it. your looking at total cost inc fitting/labour £125 ish. The function i like is the lcd display as it gives you a visual range and beep noise, but you can switch beeper off! (lets say you got kids sleeping!). Something you cant do with the above product as it would render it useless!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi. I found your threads as I was just trying to find info on parking sensors etc as I am struggling to park my car "forwards". I have no problem reverse parking, but does anyone else struggle to see how close they are to parked cars when trying to drive "into" a space? Sorry to sound so daft, but I've only had my Civic a week and I'm used to being able to see the bonnet on my Ford Focus! Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated...

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Hi. I found your threads as I was just trying to find info on parking sensors etc as I am struggling to park my car "forwards". I have no problem reverse parking, but does anyone else struggle to see how close they are to parked cars when trying to drive "into" a space? Sorry to sound so daft, but I've only had my Civic a week and I'm used to being able to see the bonnet on my Ford Focus! Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated...
You will get used to it. :D

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
Turn the headlights on, the light pattern is a give away on how close you are.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i have factory fitted sensors....

They are good but i wouldnt pay for them.
You become reliant on them, so sometimes i reverse without looking untill i hear the long beeeeeeeeeep. I know sooner or later i will hit something.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
I've always reverse-parked, irrespective of the car I had - problem solved ! ...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have factory fitted sensors....

They are good but i wouldnt pay for them.
You become reliant on them, so sometimes i reverse without looking untill i hear the long beeeeeeeeeep. I know sooner or later i will hit something.

Thanks for your comments on this - tonight my mum offered to pay to have them fitted for me as I think I may have been going on about it a bit now lol, so at least I can tell her to save her money! Cheers. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts