2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
Has anyone had Parking sensors fitted to a Type S yet? If so what do you think of them and would it be possible to post a photo please (doesn't have to be of a Type S). I am thinking of having them fitted to mine. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I have been quoted £390 by my Honda dealer does that sound about right?
Cheers Darkside.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi All.
Has anyone had Parking sensors fitted to a Type S yet? If so what do you think of them and would it be possible to post a photo please (doesn't have to be of a Type S). I am thinking of having them fitted to mine. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I have been quoted £390 by my Honda dealer does that sound about right?
Cheers Darkside.
I've certainly heard of people whose driving (or rather, parking) experience has been transformed by parking sensors and/or cameras, but to be honest, I'm old school, and I don't do parking sensors. I've never reversed into anything all my years of driving! I look at sensors and think "they can't drive/park then". I know this is unfair, but there you go.

Do you really need them, before you think about buying?

·
Registered
86 Posts
That price is the same as what i ended up paying. First time i have used parking sensors. Haven't hit anything reversing, but then I haven't done that before either!

I think they are worth every penny, and they don't stick out to much (body coloured). I chose to get them as the rear visibility isn't great, and figured it was good idea to hopefull never hit anything. Also the 'beep' it gives when selecting reverse is, er, nice?! :)

If i get home early and noone else has posted a pick I'll get on it (if I can be bothered - it is friday!! yay!!). But i think there are picks in the forum and gallery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Civic with parksensors

Here you see my new Civic with parksensors. It's working very nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Go go for sensors.

I wouldn't go anywhere without them!

Just wack those bumpers and see how much your stealer will charge to repair them.

At £400 it's cheaper in the long run.

"It's great getting old like this. I don't need to do drugs anymore. I get the same effect just standing up quickly!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the replies and advice think I will go for it! And Peter thank you for the photo.
Cheers Darkside

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
Parking Sensors- A God send, they don't stop you necessarily bumping into things, you can just park REALLY accurately. On a Passat I used to have, the solid tone represented 6" behind the bumper every time. A must have for any vehicle, regardless of size. A friend of mine had them and the removable towbar fitted for £500, don't think the sensors were Honda issue, who cares, they work perfectly.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think they're a must in the new Civic. I use the new Civic hatch at work and it's a nightmare looking out back. Especially in the blind spot. Thank goodness the hybrid has relatively good vision all round.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts