2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get a display with LEDs or is it just a noise when you get the official Honda ones?

I have seens pic of the official ones on the CTR and they don't look too bad and since the rear view is poor and lots of people are getting them I thought I should too. But just interested in how these ones work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
You get no display with the Honda ones.I bourght mine off ebay for £35 already painted grey to match my galaxy grey.Honda £300 no way.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Had mine fitted yesterday.
No LED just sound but very accurate. Make sure if you do order them that they are getting you the Honda colour coded ones, I have read a few posts on here where some people have had other makes fitted by the Dealer.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4143
These are mine:-

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's what my sensors look like. I was not very impressed with the fit - they bulge out around the edges as if they have been secured too tightly in the centre.

Do other people's sensors look like the picture above, or do they sit tight and flat against the car (as I would expect)?

·
Premium Member
2,763 Posts
That's what my sensors look like. I was not very impressed with the fit - they bulge out around the edges as if they have been secured too tightly in the centre.

Do other people's sensors look like the picture above, or do they sit tight and flat against the car (as I would expect)?
Mine are the same on my NHB. Look so much better than those cheapo 'button' type that you see on lesser quality cars. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts

Dondon
Not quite sure what you mean by "my sensors look like that"
My sensors do not bulge out around the edges they are flush with the body work and I am very pleased with the result! perhaps the photo doesn't do them justice, but I can assure you they are very well fitted flush and official Honda ones.
Sorry they don't meet with your approval :rolleyes:
Darkside
ps would be interesting to see a photo of yours [smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
hi guys can someone help me find the sensors i need for my car colour is champagne silver. had a look on ebay but haven got a clue which ones to get. if someone could find some for me and tell me they will do would be a good help thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone advise on retro fit sensors? What do Honda charge? Are the holes/wiring already in place? Aftermarket units? Instructions/help anyone? It' difficult to picture for me - 'cause I've just bought the model in the showroom - an ES model which I pick up on Wednesday- and it is not fitted with sensors - and I know nothing about the car yet!

Looking forward to it though. The only thing I didn't like about the car was the rear window - I dont like the view through it and can imagine it's not easy to reverse/park.

Appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can anyone advise on retro fit sensors? What do Honda charge? Are the holes/wiring already in place? Aftermarket units? Instructions/help anyone? It' difficult to picture for me - 'cause I've just bought the model in the showroom - an ES model which I pick up on Wednesday- and it is not fitted with sensors - and I know nothing about the car yet!

Looking forward to it though. The only thing I didn't like about the car was the rear window - I dont like the view through it and can imagine it's not easy to reverse/park.

Appreciate any advice.
Hey civicpete,

The Honda ones that are fit by the dealer are about £390 (depending how much discount they wil give you off that). My dealer told me that they drill the holes for them themselves. Aftermarket ones are definitely cheaper and from readin ghere it seems you can get a pretty good match on the colour too.

It seems you can buy the sensors etc for uner £50 on ebay. You'll probablyahve to pay somebody abotu £100-£150 to fit them. For the small cost of double the price you' get the peace of mind that a trained monkey third party wont be fitting them (instead a honda trained monkey will! ;) )

H

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
I was going to buy some of e-bay but can't find a colour to match my Blueishsilver, do you think I would be able to mount the sensors in the black section of the rear bumper just above the honeycomb section?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Can't remember the prices but Halfords used to do retro fitting of sensors, coloured also if required, and their rates were quite good.

"My first office job was cleaning the brown windows on envelopes!"

Charles H.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've been considering the Taurus system and would also be interested in anyone's experience with it.

Cheapest place I've seen it is at: http://www.addacdchanger.co.uk/Driving_Aids/Parking_Sensors/Taurus_T123P_Parking_Sensor
The only negative thing about these is that I was told they are affected by the rain, i.e. if the bumper is wet they beep anyway.
However, having been quoted £455 from my local dealer for fitted ones (they will not fit non-Honda sensors as they have had previous problems) and £269 for just the sensors, I think I might give the Taurus ones a go for £72.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The only negative thing about these is that I was told they are affected by the rain, i.e. if the bumper is wet they beep anyway.
However, having been quoted £455 from my local dealer for fitted ones (they will not fit non-Honda sensors as they have had previous problems) and £269 for just the sensors, I think I might give the Taurus ones a go for £72.
I thought that the Halfords sensors were only around £120 coloured and fitted.

"I couldn't wait for success so I went ahead without it!"

Charles H.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts