2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the MKI9200 the other day, having a bash at fitting it myself rather than have halfords do it (using the how to on here)

But I bought the ISO lead from halfords for 12£ to make the PARROT compatible with my civic (2008 ivtec 1.8 5 door)

Has anyone done the same thing & does it affect the steering wheel controls at all?

Much appreciated guys

Matt

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Yeah, it's not too bad. If you look in the How To section, there is a guide there.

Steering wheel controls don't work with it, but they are unaffected when the stereo is on like normal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's not too bad. If you look in the How To section, there is a guide there.

Steering wheel controls don't work with it, but they are unaffected when the stereo is on like normal.
Thanks for the quick response mate. so when it is all fitted etc, I'll know once played with it, but what do you press just the AUX button to switch to the parrot. And does the parrot take over the stereo even when not
On when the phone rings etc? Thanks for the help mate

·
SHOCKD
4,351 Posts
The parrot will take control when you press play on the remote or a call comes through..

No need to press the aux button mate I dont need to

Then when you press pause on the remote, the radio or CD in the car will take over and normal radio controls will take charge

As prev mentioned, the steering buttons dont work with the parrot but you have all the control from the little remote which is better in my opinion.

I stuck mine here and it seemed to be the best place for it :)

This will link you to the picture http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/110885-stealthy-2-2-progress-2.html#post1754770

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The parrot will take control when you press play on the remote or a call comes through..

No need to press the aux button mate I dont need to

Then when you press pause on the remote, the radio or CD in the car will take over and normal radio controls will take charge

As prev mentioned, the steering buttons dont work with the parrot but you have all the control from the little remote which is better in my opinion.

I stuck mine here and it seemed to be the best place for it :)

This will link you to the picture http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modification-projects/110885-stealthy-2-2-progress-2.html#post1754770

Massive help mate, as soon as I'm
Home and fitted it I'll let you know how it went.

Thanks again buddy!!:)

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
By the way, when you take the stereo out, it's a good idea to leave out the screws under the stereo if there's any chance you might end up going double din, or changing the parrot in future.

Reason is, they aren't really required to keep it in place and it'll save you having to rip the entire centre console out again in future to get out the stereo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts