2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, newbie here and just bought a civic EX 2007. Love the car but decided to get the IO 2 play fitted the other day and got to say I was hugely disappointed I have had to reset several time, it never does the same thing twice and its not simple to just get to the Home menu! on the other side it sounds great! Bought it through the RAC and they sent out the fitters to my work address which was great but now I want to send it back! the fitters say they can change it for a parrot system (thinking about mki9000 and using iPhone 5 as the display) so a couple of questions:

1) Will the sat nav voice cut in with directions when playing music? (io 2 won't)

2) On the factory system i have the faders set at 60 - 40% will this work with the Parrot?

3) Can i use Siri (Apple) to select a track or artist?

4) Sound quality?

Sorry this is so long winded but it is my first post, any help would gratefully appreciated.
Justin

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
i just fitted a parrot mki9200 yesterday. So very new to it but will give my experience so far.

1. yes parrot overrides the car audio and will give directions. then return back to music.
2. since the parrot is fitted before the stereo- the civic faders wont work. parrot 9200 only has a equiliser- no faders unfortunately.
3.if you are listening from your iphone then yes. you cannot control the parrot (9200) from siri- you have to use the remote control.
4.parrot audio is much much better than stock stereo. i had infinity's fitted like 3 years ago- and now i realise how good they are.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Try a software update. My Ioplay was buggy, got a double din now. You just have to get used to how to avoid them. What sat nav are you using, if I remember mine worked with Tom Tom perfectly. Think there is a setting for that too. In theory the ioplay should be better sound quality than parrot, the ioplay has a better amp. I was always very happy with sound quality of mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
:hello2: mate & :welcome4: to :civinfo::thrasher:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Hello and welcome. I'm not sure about the parrot but I have the io2 as well was fitted before I got the car tho but I had a few issues to start with then a few updates later apple side 7.1 or whatever it is and it's been totally fine since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts