2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, As the title really. Part chopped the 2008 Type R GT for a 61 plate Civic 2.2 EX GT. Has all the bells whistles, ACC + CMBS etc. Got some quick pics i took the other night

Cannot fault it so far. The audio system is loads better than my FN2, and for a diesel it dont shift when you put your foot down. Very impressed so far, although, it's gonna take a while to adjust to this keyless entry malarky. After every journey so far i go to grab the keys out of the ignition lol

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
looks great! Have you had parts colour coded?

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks great! Have you had parts colour coded?
The dealer had already colour coded the front bumper and wheel arches for me :)

Next up i think a set of Krypton Alloys, Illuminated Sill Strips (had them on the FN2, look pretty cool), some footwell lighting and a chrome fuel cap :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Thats only the second one ive seen fully colour coded looks a lot nicer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I agree, colour coding makes a vast improvement.

I'd disagree here.

I'm sure the OP's car is fantastic (I'd love a EX GT 9g myself) but I'd say they they made the wheel arches black for a reason; it prevents the wheels from looking too small. If you colour code them the 16s look really small.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'd disagree here.

I'm sure the OP's car is fantastic (I'd love a EX GT 9g myself) but I'd say they they made the wheel arches black for a reason; it prevents the wheels from looking too small. If you colour code them the 16s look really small.
The same for me! I like the black wheel arches a lot - especially on the white cars (such as my own). I don't like the color coded "Y" as well. It just looks "messy" with the lines when it is the same color as the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The same for me! I like the black wheel arches a lot - especially on the white cars (such as my own). I don't like the color coded "Y" as well. It just looks "messy" with the lines when it is the same color as the car.
Same here. Mines white and I feel the black trim helps the balance. When its all white on the arches the top section just seems to wide and heavy.

However super nice car though. Look forward to seeing the additions as they appear.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I'd disagree here.

Well each to their own but I'd bet money on Honda using black Plastic because it gives them a face lift option later down the line in the form of standard colour coding.

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the messages. Really positive feedback. For those of you that aren't sure on the colour coded parts, i wasn't sure myself to do the front, but it looks alot better in the flesh than the pictures. As for the arches, i think i agree with Alsone in that they will probably introduce the colour coding later on, maybe even only on the type R like the 8G. I think they tested the water a little with the Ti version regarding this.

Anyway, i'll hopefully keep you all informed of any changes as i add them.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I'd disagree here.

Each to there own, personally I prefer the colour coded parts. Bigger wheels [smilie=gt-happyup.:[smilie=gt-happyup.:[smilie=gt-happyup.:
Would look awesome with a set on white rages ;) the ride well :rolleyes: but would look sweet!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts