2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
Right I have a 59 plate type S with 21k on the clock and wanted to part ex with a garage with a 09 plated Type R with 35k but they politely said they aren't interested in swaps? Is this me dreaming of my type r dream or do I just need to hunt around. Their car was on for 10450 and I would have said mine should be around that too? Would appreciate people's comments 馃榿

Banned
I think that is a one off.

Really approved dealerships can't turn away business. But in your case they might not want to as they stand to not make any profit as they are the exact same value.

If i was you mate i'd go for maybe a CW white 09 plate, with around 20k - then pay off a couple of grand on finance? Would be cheap monthly, would improve your credit rating and would get a bigger spec type-r :D?

Just a suggestion :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is a one off.

Really approved dealerships can't turn away business. But in your case they might not want to as they stand to not make any profit as they are the exact same value.

If i was you mate i'd go for maybe a CW white 09 plate, with around 20k - then pay off a couple of grand on finance? Would be cheap monthly, would improve your credit rating and would get a bigger spec type-r :D?

Just a suggestion :)
I would but got finance on the type S anyway! And yes love the cw but none near me? Anyone know which 09's if any have LSD??

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
I pressume it would be a a lot of admin work just for a straight swap with very little reward if the cars are valued around the same.
Be gutted if this can't be done now I have decided I want to change 馃様 I regret not getting the r from the start ! Love my S but it was a presumption that the insurance was going to kill me and the mpg but both have been dismissed 馃槼

Registered
No 09's have an LSD as standard, it's the later 10 plates which have them. I have a 09 plate and bought an m-factory for the diff supplied and fitted it was only 拢850 it's the best mod ever

Registered
excuse me if i'm wrong but if they are the same value then they are still making their markup on the new car, however they may not make much on yours

Love Mi-VTEC!
I hope you get something sorted mate. :)
I could tell from our previous discussions you were sold on the concept.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
excuse me if i'm wrong but if they are the same value then they are still making their markup on the new car, however they may not make much on yours
That's the bit I don't get? Should not loose and as far as I can make out they should sell the type s quicker than the r!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts