2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Well I went to collect my Spoon Callipers today and it would appear I've been sent the wrong ones (and after I waited 6 months for them) The part number on the box is : 45020-MBF-G00 Accord CL7 Euro, I was under the impression the FN2 callipers are MBR. Can anyone confirm this?? Will the CL7 calipers I've been sent fit??

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Hi Guys,

Well I went to collect my Spoon Callipers today and it would appear I've been sent the wrong ones (and after I waited 6 months for them) The part number on the box is : 45020-MBF-G00 Accord CL7 Euro, I was under the impression the FN2 callipers are MBR. Can anyone confirm this?? Will the CL7 calipers I've been sent fit??
On the Spoon sports web site the part number is listed a 45020-MBF-G01 on the FN2 page but it does say they are for the DC2/EK9 so could be very similar.

EP3 Calipers are listed as 45020-MBR-G00 so i can see your confusion as EP3 and FN2 brakes are pretty much the same.

·
BoInG BoInG
1,370 Posts
Hi Dave,

This is what the product code from Touge's website shows:

Manufacturer ID: 45020-MBR-G00 fitment for AP1, AP2, EP3 and FN2

Fingers crossed the ones you have fit though - you seem to be having some bad luck lately :(

Hope that everything's well!!

Reactions: R555

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Man hope you get it sorted..best calling tdi direct- they would prob help you faster ;)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, been speaking to [email protected] and he's sure they will fit, it's so confusing with spoons part numbers. Guess it's just going to be a case of trying to fit them!

·
Registered
356 Posts
MBF-G01 Forward are the correct fitment for the FN2
The calipers should have a yellow sticker stating forward left and right on them.
The pair you have are for fitting to the rear of the front disks, so you need forward fitting ones.
Just give spoon sports a ring as they will confirm this!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's strange as on the invoice touge have scribbled out the MBR and changed it to MBF! Confusing!

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MBR - is rear mounted as stated in the R and MBF if forward which you need as stated in the F of the code.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, just checked and mine have the yellow sticker saying forward right and forward left!!?? I'm even more confused now

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I got the Spoon catalogue in front of me and it tells me the code number you were given are the DC2, EK9, CL7 calipers which should also fit the FN2.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
If they dont fit I would send them back and complain for a compensation especially after a 6month wait.

6 Month and they send the wrong ones.. I would be fuming.

Anyway I hope they do fit and you are able to save yourself the hassle.

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
If they dont fit I would send them back and complain for a compensation especially after a 6month wait.

6 Month and they send the wrong ones.. I would be fuming.

Anyway I hope they do fit and you are able to save yourself the hassle.

+1

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Things are rarely simple but 6 months wait for the wrong parts is shameful.

Hope you get sorted mate

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
note: i bought the s2000 ones because they are more easy to sell when i sell the car (there more s2000 in europe than CL7's...). But the correct ones are the CL7 (foward caliper)

Reactions: R555

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
dont think i'll be able to handle myself soon! bonnet, fenders and now spoon cali's.. stop taking the p*ss dave ;)

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont think i'll be able to handle myself soon! bonnet, fenders and now spoon cali's.. stop taking the p*ss dave ;)
lol I'll stick some pictures of the calipers up tomorrow for you to drool over! Cant wait to get them on now but the cars not booked in till the end of the week!

·
Go Hard or Go Home!
2,063 Posts
lol I'll stick some pictures of the calipers up tomorrow for you to drool over! Cant wait to get them on now but the cars not booked in till the end of the week!
sweeeeeet! im wanting to get some new brakes, but probably very un-jdm stoptechs. i'll swap you.. i reckon blue would go with my silver and you get red..:D you know you wanna lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts