2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warranty is almost over (2 months to go). Did my first inspection of the car and rear shocks reported 40% difference. Took the car to dealers, both back struts are going to be replaced.

So, here's what's been fixed/changed so far after 3 years

-Both front shock absorpers at 34k km
-Both back shock absorpers at 45k km
-Tightning bolt which is linked to the assistance belts (sorry dunno what's the proper name in english) 45k km
-springs were fitted 180 degrees reverse in the factory
-cigaret lighter socket tightened (came loose)
-Handbrake (manufacturing "fault")
-front left window's plastic seal
-all the plastic nips which keep the sound protection unit in place under the bonnet
-Frog in the wipermotors at least once every summer :grouphug:

-Both front summer tyres are almost completely worn out after 30k km (half of which is winter driving), i suspect that the faulty shocks might have something to do with this.

Still every once in a while i get this big yellow (!) DING / Check System when i start up the car if it's moist. No errors are written to the "Log" .

Can't say that i'm mightly impressed with the overall quality of the car though none of these faults have left me on the road and are seriously annoying, except for the front struts which made a disastorous sound (first right pole, then left)

·
Premium Member
9,582 Posts
Still every once in a while i get this big yellow (!) DING / Check System when i start up the car if it's moist. No errors are written to the "Log" .
Me too ,I have this ...Check system. It is a problem ?????

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm kind of surprised the shocks would let go so early. I'm also kind of not surprised though as they make hard work for themselves.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts