2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi noob at ice so bare with me.
Can some one tell me all the components I need for a double din install I need the steering wheel controls to still work and I've been told something about a air condition cable or something
Any help will be much appreciated
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything you need comes with the fascia as a kit.

It has and ISO to Honda wiring adapter, and a little black box that connects to the steering wheel controls/clock screen.

Is that with the honda kit or the replica kits ?
As on the picture of the one I'm looking at it only comes with the fascia.
So I will need the ISO to honda and the little lack box ?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
You need
Fascia panel
Wiring loom with control box
Aerial cable
Steering wheel remote cable (this depends on which model HU you have, they're on eBay for not very much money)

I believe that if you get the official Honda fasica, you also need a cage.

Following links should help
C2 Civic Full Kit RHD
Civic Complete Fitting Kit RHD

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Is that with the honda kit or the replica kits ?
As on the picture of the one I'm looking at it only comes with the fascia.
So I will need the ISO to honda and the little lack box ?

You need
Fascia panel
Aerial cable
Steering wheel remote cable (this depends on which model HU you have, they're on eBay for not very much money)

C2 Civic Full Kit RHD
Syx summed it up pretty well.

Only thing I would mentioned is that the steering wheel cable is usually included free of charge, you just need to select the correct one for your head unit.

It's not worth buying the things separately since the kit always works out cheaper. The actual kit may be cheaper from eBay or similar, but only by a couple quid so hondabitz is absolutely fine to buy from, and from what I have heard, provide great service.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need
Fascia panel
Aerial cable

C2 Civic Full Kit RHD

Thanks for that syx is the c2 kit a good fit and match the local audio shop told me to not get the c2 As the fit is rubbish but saving £100 sounds good to me over the genuine honda one

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Syx summed it up pretty well.

Only thing I would mentioned is that the steering wheel cable is usually included free of charge, you just need to select the correct one for your head unit.

It's not worth buying the things separately since the kit always works out cheaper. The actual kit may be cheaper from eBay or similar, but only by a couple quid so hondabitz is absolutely fine to buy from, and from what I have heard, provide great service.

Yeah I see cheers mate

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thanks for that syx is the c2 kit a good fit and match the local audio shop told me to not get the c2 As the fit is rubbish but saving £100 sounds good to me over the genuine honda one

I have the original Honda kit, as I got it second hand from a member on the forum so didn't pay full price.
However, there are plenty of people who are happy wth the C2 kit.

There is a slight difference in the finish on the C2 kit compared to the rest of the dash... but it's up to you to determine whether that's worth saving £100!

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the original Honda kit, as I got it second hand from a member on the forum so didn't pay full price.

However, there are plenty of people who are happy wth the C2 kit.

There is a slight difference in the finish on the C2 kit compared to the rest of the dash... but it's up to you to determine whether that's worth saving £100!

Ok mate thanks ive just looked at a couple of threads about it and for what I need the fake one should be good enough
Thanks for the help will order it now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts