2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

I've had a look and can't see a guide on how to fit door glass, anyone able to direct me to some info?

Had the pleasure of a 430am wake up to someone with their head in my car, had to stay awake on guard!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
i had a similar thing happen a few years ago with an accord the hardest bit is getting rid of all the glass shards i used a good hoover that got rid of 99% of em

replacing the glass is pretty straight forward first job is to wind the window down about three quarters of it's travel ( whats left of it ) you then need to take the door card off 2 screws behind a cover which just clips out where the door handle is and one screw behind a rubber cover in the little recess near the door switches
once the screws are removed you need to pop the door card off there are a few retaining clips around the edge of the door that need to be popped out ( careful not to break them ) they will be quite stiff but they do come out
once the clips are popped out just lift the door card up to release it from the top of the door
once loose you will need to release the 2 door handle cables and the connector for the door switches
the card can now be put to one side
there's usually a sheet of plastic glued to the door frame which will need to be pulled back to gain access to the bottom clip of the winder mechanism

hoover out all the glass shards they will be everywhere especially in the bottom of the door
the window is held by a nylon clip at the bottom of the window winder mechanism which should be visible ( hence winding down the window first ) the chances are it's hanging loose just guide your new glass into the guides and connect the nylon clip there will be a hole in the glass where it connects

my memory is a little foggy it was a while ago but once the card is off you'll get the jist

hope this helps

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The above advice is pretty much there, just one thing to add which I have learned from doing a few things that required the door card removal.

The plastic that's glued to the door frame is held in place by a sticky grey adhesive. DO NOT GET THAT ON YOU OR YOUR CLOTHES. It's an absolute nightmare to get off.
As it's easy to touch accidentally I strongly advise wearing something you don't care about ruining!

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dad is going to do it Friday as he actually had the door card off other week fitting new speaks and the wing mirror mod.

We've done windows before, was hoping there was no special Civic technique, sounds simple enough.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts