2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad's 06 Civic Passenger door handle is a real problem !!!

Yes it has been totally changed by the dealership and been looked at on 3 seperate occasions. The handle is difficult and clunky & even refuses to open sometimes & even when it does it can pinch your fingers !!!

Anyone experiencing this also ??? In fact my mum who finds it most difficult wants to change the car because of it !!!

:( :( :(

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I had the same problem, it was lubed and seems better since I last mentioned it, although strictly speaking it has probably only been used 3 times since.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The handle itself on mine seems fine, but I will say that from time to time, the dorr seems tough or sticky to open.....When you do give it a tug and it opens, it makes a sound like the rubber insulation sticks to the door a bit making it hard to open.

It does this to the point that people trying to get in the back always stop and say "Is this door locked??" - Very annoying!

·
Registered
172 Posts
My door front passenger door handle has the same problem now. Sometimes it will actually fail to open. Opening the door from the inside is not a problem, but try to open it from outside and you'll have to be built like Vin Diesel to pry it open.

I'll take it in when I get my car fixed after an idiot cyclist went into me:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6791

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Not had a problem with mine up to press ( 06 model ):)

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
No problem with my driver door (LHD car ;)) or with the passenger door !

·
Registered
25 Posts
My front passenger door will do it, aye - I put it down to the fact that it rarely gets used too - *shrug*

It's a pain when I'm trying to put stuff in the car though... Balancing something in my arms and trying to open the door with just 2 fingers... won't budge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any updates on this ???

The whole handle & assembly has apparently been totally changed.

It's still the same, its so bad that sometimes the only way to open the passenger door is inside by leaning over from the drivers side !!!

:evil::evil::evil:

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
There is a fix. Dealers shouls do it when you take the car in for something
Mine was done recently.
The car was in for something else and they told me that they had done it..It was fine prior to that

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Well I reported the same and the dealer replaced the latch mechanism a few weeks ago and it's just as stiff and clunky.

I haven't got the time to keep going back so it'll have to wait until I decide to have the handbrake done later this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I reported the same and the dealer replaced the latch mechanism a few weeks ago and it's just as stiff and clunky.

I haven't got the time to keep going back so it'll have to wait until I decide to have the handbrake done later this year.

Thats the trouble going back & back with no results. :( :( :(

This needs sorting it's really spoiling the whole ownership experience.

Any newer fixes for this being as Honda are advertising that they love problems to solve ???

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
My drivers side door has suddenly become very difficult to open :(

I unlock it with the remote then grab the handle and pull but it won't open. It's not the door sticking to the frame - i think its the catch not releasing. There is no problem when opening it from the inside

Last night i was stood in the petrol station pulling on the door handle looking like a complete idiot :oops:

My car is an 08 model year Type R. Anyone else had this on the newer models?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Door handles are a little sticky on mine. Have to say that I am a little disappointed with the front door handles also. They look like the whole silver handle should move, like in my dad's espace but really it's only a button behind the silver handle which feels a little flimsy at times.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Mines doing it aswell

1 - 20 of 34 Posts