2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as it says in the title my passenger door wont open at all :( , both handles inside & outside can be pulled but don't do anything & door is not locked on the inside. Has any one experienced this and also is there a guide on how to take inside of the door off ?
Thanks for any help :)

Car is an 07 8th gen type s gt

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Could be that the wore that connects everything may have came off, worth getting the door card off (very easy job) and taking a look

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
So as it says in the title my passenger door wont open at all :( , both handles inside & outside can be pulled but don't do anything & door is not locked on the inside. Has any one experienced this and also is there a guide on how to take inside of the door off ?
Thanks for any help :)

Car is an 07 8th gen type s gt
can you ear the locking regulator clicking on that door when you work the key fob to lock and unlock car,,, if you cant ear it then prob fault will be this unit inside the door.. either way the door card will need to be removed,,, if you can ear it ( ie put ear to the door skin while working key fob lock and unlock) working then it will prob just be the linkage from regulator solenoid in door simple fix..

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
If your not confident mate I'm not far from Peterborough iv had the whole door handle mechanism out on both sides for paint jobs and it is fairly simple to attach it all back together as long as it is an internal fault and not a key fob problem I could do it mate ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for replys. Cables from the lock & both handles seem to be working fine, So think its the actuator thats faulty as carnt hear it working. Was hard work taking the door card of with the door shut !. then just as i was packing up the actuator worked so managed to open door and disconnect supply to it (so its permanently unlocked now) . For some reason the lining in the door leaves behind a nasty sticky black glue thats all over my hands now !

Does anyone know how I can find out what part number the actuator is ?

free ebay image upload

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I had a similar situation recently and a firm smack on the outside door panel with my palm released the mechanism.

That black adhesive is really nasty... I have no idea why they chose to use that!

How did you manage to get the door card off with the door closed?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well maybe that's how it opened in the end as i was getting rather annoyed with it !!.
did you replace the whole mechanism them ? was hard getting door card off!, theres no easy way when the door wont open.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Ok thanks for replys. Cables from the lock & both handles seem to be working fine, So think its the actuator thats faulty as carnt hear it working. Was hard work taking the door card of with the door shut !. then just as i was packing up the actuator worked so managed to open door and disconnect supply to it (so its permanently unlocked now) . For some reason the lining in the door leaves behind a nasty sticky black glue thats all over my hands now !

Does anyone know how I can find out what part number the actuator is ?

free ebay image upload
you might find if it worked once then it could just be the electric connector
plug perhaps i'd spray some switch cleaner on it before replacing the actuator,, and bend the contacts over a bit to make sure of good contact...

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
well maybe that's how it opened in the end as i was getting rather annoyed with it !!.
did you replace the whole mechanism them ? was hard getting door card off!, theres no easy way when the door wont open.
Think I had a slightly different issue as mine ended up being that that the handle mechanism wasn't returning correctly and jamming the door actuator.
A good clean and a grease sorted my issue - unfortunately I think if you can't hear the actuator operating then you have a different problem :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts