2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced the passenger door opening whist cornering? I've had this occur three times now. There is no warning on the display to indicate a door unlatched and the car locked ok with the three flashes of the indicators.The door actually swings open, not just unlatches. I have returned to the dealer who cannot find a fault. I consider this to be a safety issue so it's off to the dealer again.

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
I consider this to be a safety issue so it's off to the dealer again.
Very much so! That's bizarre, first time I've heard of it thus far! Locking the doors makes no difference? If they can't find fault I'd very very tempted to reject the car, thats very dangerous. Have you had passengers while this has happened?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a similar issue with my current 307. The rear passenger door would pop open after locking. Luckily I noticed this happen a few times while locking up after work and not after we had set off on a journey with the kids in the back.

Peugeot replaced the locks all round under warranty as it was a fault with the lock mechanism and of course as you say a safety concern.

Your problem seems similar only its occuring on the move.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
CavOK

CavOK

Now this is really a major problem

It makes my list of problems seem minor(ok I want them Fixed)

I don't think I would drive a car with this fault ask your dealer to collect it

Good Luck

Geoff

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Czechplastik
Luckily I was on my own and traveling slowly when the problem occured.If I had been passing a cyclist the result could have been disasterous.
I will try Geoff's idea and get the dealer to collect the car. This may not work though as I dont think they have a loan car!!

·
King of the rodeo
4,824 Posts
They should arrange a loan car from somewhere else, as you say if there had been a cyclist or otherwise they could have been seriously injured! Glad you had no-one in the car, I imagine it would have been very scary if you had!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Has anyone experienced the passenger door opening whist cornering? I've had this occur three times now. There is no warning on the display to indicate a door unlatched and the car locked ok with the three flashes of the indicators.The door actually swings open, not just unlatches. I have returned to the dealer who cannot find a fault. I consider this to be a safety issue so it's off to the dealer again.
Was it the left, right or both?

"I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me!"

Charels H.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passenger door

My dealer took the matter very seriously and collected my car and left me with a loan car (1.4 se). They need to obtain new latches and it's looking well into next week to get it fixed.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New door catches fitted, Fuel filler mod done, rear parking sensors fitted and now my dealer tells me that I have the creeky clutch pedal syndrome. This requires the replacement of the master cylinder which they will do at the next service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts