2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Passenger mirror dip on reverse

Electrics 
2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  toonfan 
#1 ·
My BMW330 CI used to dip the passenger mirror on reverse. How do-able is this on the Civic?

#2 ·
my 1996 xm estate had this as well.

#3 ·
I do miss this. I also miss the auto-dim rear view mirror. Now, I know they can be purchased from Honda but the auto-dip passenger mirror would be very, very helpful. My alloys would thank me too ;-)

#6 ·
Plenty of cars have it, but often with electric (memory) seats. But.... it's often the case that drivers set their mirrors too high. If it's lowered a bit so that cars in the lane next to you are higher up the mirror, then suddenly the mirror shape makes sense and you can see the parking space line when reversing.

#8 ·
Yes, it's parallel parking where that really comes into its own when you can get your rear wheel about 1" from the kerb without touching it.

Such a simple idea but so useful.

Note to Honda for the next gen Civic :D (alongside the IRS)

#11 ·
Josh

Don't know what a 1.5 Clio is....

1. I learnt in a Mk2 Cortina. Box shaped with horizontal lines and a view out of the back.

2. Just because it hasn't got it doesn't mean you should have to lump it, unless yours is a purely standard unmodified model and not a "special" one avec Mods.

3. It wasn't a complaint, just a request for knowledge. Which sometimes is followed up by a technical response from the likes of Potty.

Improvements are not Complaints!

btw I don't have a rear view camera, can't you reverse then?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.