2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My passenger side window has stopped working from the main drivers switch. I have seen on the other posts that it a common problem, I have tried the 10 second trick and the reset procedure but they did not work, also tried a new main switch but still didn't work.

I have been told by a mechanic that it's a broken wire and I wondered if anyone has got the wiring diagram for the electric windows or know what colour the supply and control wires are from the drivers side to passenger.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
I bought a civic EX last week and it had this fault too. The passenger side window wouldnt operate using the switch on the drivers side.

I followed the reset procedure this morning and it worked!

Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

I did the procedure with the driver side door open, passenger door closed but window already down. Held the passenger side switch on passenger door down and keeping it held down, turned the ignition to ii and then released the window switch. I repeated this 3 times and then followed the rest of the steps. Im sure this is the same issue you are both having. Keep persisting im sure it will work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts