2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my ignition switch is turned to the ON (II) position the passenger and driver's windows automatically go all the way up or down with just one press.

However when the key is removed or turned to position (I), and the doors not opened, only the driver's window works like this. The passenger window just goes up or down while the switch is being held. There is nothing in the manual about this difference.

Could this be a fault in just my car :?: or is it an extra level of complication Honda have added to all cars? It does seem strange it only effects one window and not both.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
When my ignition switch is turned to the ON (II) position the passenger and driver's windows automatically go all the way up or down with just one press.

However when the key is removed or turned to position (I), and the doors not opened, only the driver's window works like this. The passenger window just goes up or down while the switch is being held. There is nothing in the manual about this difference.

Could this be a fault in just my car :?: or is it an extra level of complication Honda have added to all cars? It does seem strange it only effects one window and not both.
This is normal and it is mentioned in the drivers manual

·
Type-R GT [R-11523]
278 Posts
It's a safety feature - so that you can't jam someone's head in the window.... unintentionally.... :)

-H

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for clarifying.

If this is a safety feature I still don't understand why the passenger window works with one press when the car is parked with the key in the ignition. If the driver exits the car the passenger window no longer opens at all. Obviously there is some strange Japenese logic here which I have no choice but to accept.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts