2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry for posting this problem again (I'm aware its a common problem from the research I have done but I just want to ensure my understanding is correct). I have tried the window reset procedure many times over the past couple of hours and have had no success.

The car has just had the passenger door replaced. Since then the passenger window can not be opened or closed from the drivers controls. It can be opened and closed with the passenger controls but not with auto up / auto down. All worked fine before it was replaced. I am told that everything except the electric motor was transferred across from the old door.

Most peoples issues appear to be fixed by using the electric window reset procedure.

Is the following correct for resolving this issue? (I have edited it differently than it is posted on the wiki - can you please ensure my understanding is correct. (I tried the down for 10s and up for 10s but it didn't do anything)

Firstly, open both doors and try pressing window down for 10s, followed by window up for 10s. If that fails, try the full procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Move the driver's or passenger's window all the way down by using the driver's passengers window DOWN switch.
3. Open the driver's or front passenger's door.
NOTE: 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.
4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
5. Push and hold the driver's or passenger's window DOWN switch.
6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
7. Release the driver's passengers window DOWN switch.
8. Repeat 4-7 three more times.
9. Wait 1 second.
10. Confirm that UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO do not work. If UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO work, go back to 1.
11. Move the driver's passengers window all the way down by using the driver's passengers window DOWN switch.
12. Pull up and hold the driver's passengers window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.
13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's passengers window UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO functions.

If the window still does not work in AUTO, repeat the procedure several times, paying close attention to the 5 second time limit between steps.

Also - If this procedure correctly resets the passenger window will that then reenable the drivers side controls for the passenger window or is there something I am missing?

Before it is asked - I do not have the passengers window locked at the drivers side :)

Thanks for the help

1 - 1 of 1 Posts