2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

sorry if this is covered elsewhere but i couldn't find it.

After installing my folding mirrors with the central locking unit, I checked all door switches and they all worked OK.

Yesterday I installed a LOC behind the headunit using the ront speaker wires and the ground wire.

Today my passenger window will not open. Both drivers side and passenger side switches do not work.

Has anyone had this problem/know any fixes? Will be getting the voltmeter out tomorrow to see if the power window motor is actually getting power or not.

I can't think that I have done anything as I was not touching any of the window wires.

HELP:worms:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I once disconnected my battery and when reconnected the window switches didnt work. I repeated the procedure and it fixed itself..random. maybe worth a try

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All other windows work fine - drivers, and both rears all OK. Just passenger not working from either switch.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys will try that tomorrow and see how I get on.

Funnily enough passenger window didn't work when I got test drove the car - but was fixed by the time I picked it up - just don't know how they fixed/bodged it 17 months ago.

Want to try and avoid taking it to Honda as I klnow they'll charge a small fortune!

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,257 Posts
When my brand new 59 plate arrived last September the front windows didn't work and the Wiki article got them going.

I just needed to do the first 10 second trick on both sides.

Another PDI failure item by Southall Honda on behalf of Ruislip Honda IMO

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have tried resetting the logic and guess what...

Still no passenger window!

Will now need to see if the motor is getting power or not.

It can't be anything I did with the radio adding a LOC, can it?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Somehow I managed to get the passenger window working - just driving along - turned stereo up and was playing with the switch and it opened!!

Since then I have fitted Infinity Reference 6520cs components and the window has stopped working again.

Think I must have a dodgy connection somewhere within the wiring or switches.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hi all, I just had the same problem with my civic. The passenger electric window could only be operated from the passenger side. The solution for me was even simpler. I just had to wind the passenger window completely down (from the passenger side naturally) and then up again...afterwards I could control it from the drivers side...I think that sometimes the cars internal brain gets mixed up...thanks to civinfo for giving me the tip!!!!!...it saved me a trip to the dealer!

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi all, I just had the same problem with my civic. The passenger electric window could only be operated from the passenger side. The solution for me was even simpler. I just had to wind the passenger window completely down (from the passenger side naturally) and then up again...afterwards I could control it from the drivers side...I think that sometimes the cars internal brain gets mixed up...thanks to civinfo for giving me the tip!!!!!...it saved me a trip to the dealer!
I have the same problem, passenger window will not operate from drivers side, how do you mean "naturally"?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately I still have the same problem with mine - think I must have a dodgy connection somewhere as when the car is really hot inside it works!! but still can't use it as I'm never sure it will still work when I need to close it again!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
well I was going to do the reset this weekend but weirdly this morning I pressed the button and the window now works!!! I was shocked, 6 weeks with it not working now it comes alive for no reason.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone know how I can test my switch, as I think it is this that's not working!

Or anyone near ME7 who is willing to let me try the switch on their car/ their switch on my car before I go and spend on a replacement?

Thanks in advance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts