2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

so I’ve had my FN2 for a few months now and I knew when I brought it that it had a straight exhaust. Purchased from a friend

the EML is on constantly but that’s because of the exhaust system having no cat converter. (I think) it drives fine and has done ever since I’ve owned it.

My MOT is due at the end of March so want to try and get it sorted beforehand.

Im nothing or a mechanic nor do I know much about cars so after some advice. I’ve spoken to my local garage regarding the MOT and they have said I’d have to have one put back on in order to pass (was hoping that they’d put the emission tester on another car haha)

I’m based Staffordshire so any local garages that can help, don’t mind paying for a new exhaust system / upgrades that come with that but don’t want a standard one as quite like the sound

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
Civic type R Championship white
94 Posts
Hello all,

so I’ve had my FN2 for a few months now and I knew when I brought it that it had a straight exhaust. Purchased from a friend

the EML is on constantly but that’s because of the exhaust system having no cat converter. (I think) it drives fine and has done ever since I’ve owned it.

My MOT is due at the end of March so want to try and get it sorted beforehand.

Im nothing or a mechanic nor do I know much about cars so after some advice. I’ve spoken to my local garage regarding the MOT and they have said I’d have to have one put back on in order to pass (was hoping that they’d put the emission tester on another car haha)

I’m based Staffordshire so any local garages that can help, don’t mind paying for a new exhaust system / upgrades that come with that but don’t want a standard one as quite like the sound

Thanks in advance!
Look at getting a piper manifold with sports cat, You will need to get it remapped to get the emissions and the engine management light in order even with the cat

·
Heading for the naughty step
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
2,322 Posts
Look at getting a piper manifold with sports cat, You will need to get it remapped to get the emissions and the engine management light in order even with the cat
Or just sports cat fitted, either way like @Matty_Daz666 said, will have to be tuned in unfortunately, did your mate have it tuned after he removed the cat?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah he had it tuned, got the garage where he had it done but it’s like 1.5 hours away from me and didn’t want to drive all the way there haha

·
2,322 Posts
Where you based? Places like below would weld or flange in a high flow sports cat and won’t have to be have the original exhaust removed. Any custom exhaust and possibly tune it in also, below is just a general idea of a company that carries this type of mod out and keeping the st/st custom exhaust you already have fitted. Prices vary to be fair but off top off my head, depending what make/fitting hard one but maybe around £300-£500, possibly cheaper or a little more

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where you based? Places like below would weld or flange in a high flow sports cat and won’t have to be have the original exhaust removed. Any custom exhaust and possibly tune it in also, below is just a general idea of a company that carries this type of mod out and keeping the st/st custom exhaust you already have fitted. Prices vary to be fair but off top off my head, depending what make/fitting hard one but maybe around £300-£500, possibly cheaper or a little more
Based in Staffordshire area so anywhere around there but willing to travel to places. I’ll have a look on that website cheers mate. Need to try and get it sorted ASAP in order for the MOT. So I’m guessing once I sort that the emissions / EML will be sorted?

·
2,322 Posts
Found these, don’t know how close they are to you though. That was a quick search

1 - 9 of 9 Posts